PDA

View Full Version : HLLE on my Puffer?

evojoe67
03/11/2010, 10:44 AM
I've had this Blackspotted Puffer about a month and after about 3 days in the tank he developed these white "holes" on his face. During the first 3 days that they showed up he stayed at the bottom of the tank hidding behind rocks and not eating.I really thought he was a goner but after that he just reappeared swimming in the tank and seems unaffected by them.
They seem to be healed up moreso then before and he eats good so i'm curious what you guys think it could be.
I have Starfish and heard that the Star may have done soemthing but i'm not sure.
Opinions?
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll118/evojoe67/IMG_7386-1.jpg

JHemdal
03/11/2010, 11:20 AM
I've never seen HLLE on any Tetraodontiformes - puffers, triggers, etc. Not saying it isn't possible, just I haven't any record of it.

Those lesions seem more like those associated with Pseudomonas bacterial infections, and those do look partially healed....

Jay

evojoe67
03/11/2010, 11:49 AM
I've never seen HLLE on any Tetraodontiformes - puffers, triggers, etc. Not saying it isn't possible, just I haven't any record of it.

Those lesions seem more like those associated with Pseudomonas bacterial infections, and those do look partially healed....

Jay

Thanks Jay.
Like i said he doesn't seem effected by them at all. Hopefully they will heal completely over time.

reefantic
03/11/2010, 09:58 PM
I've had this Blackspotted Puffer about a month and after about 3 days in the tank he developed these white "holes" on his face. During the first 3 days that they showed up he stayed at the bottom of the tank hidding behind rocks and not eating.I really thought he was a goner but after that he just reappeared swimming in the tank and seems unaffected by them.
They seem to be healed up moreso then before and he eats good so i'm curious what you guys think it could be.
I have Starfish and heard that the Star may have done soemthing but i'm not sure.
Opinions?
http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll118/evojoe67/IMG_7386-1.jpg

my puffer always used to eat the starfish i put in the tank..... sorry about the puffer i hope he makes it.

evojoe67
03/12/2010, 09:51 AM
I've seen my puffer nip at the starfish but not to often.
He seems real healthy now and is eating well so i'm not real worried.

Juice It
03/12/2010, 12:09 PM
Looks to me like something bit him. What else is in the tank?