PDA

View Full Version : hole in madarin?!?!?! (pic)

mayjong
03/11/2010, 01:42 PM
Holy Mandy!
Last week I noticed a small “spot” on my mandarin. I thought it was sand, as it sometimes sticks to it. With “Mandy” flitting around all the time, and the spot being so small, it is was hard to tell.
Last night, Mandy was near the glass, and facing the right way- OMG!!! There is a hole near his belly…
What in the world could this be???
He is still eating/swimming normally.

Thanks!

krowleey
03/11/2010, 01:47 PM
looks starved to me.

spw4949
03/11/2010, 01:57 PM
Definately looks emaciated.......

jakano
03/11/2010, 02:24 PM
I had a mandarin that had that exact same thing except his was on his back. I hate to tell you but it eventually became a very large wound. It was like a flesh eating disease or something. That or another animal was eating him alive. But he swam around and ate like nothing bothered him.

mayjong
03/11/2010, 03:17 PM
i would agree on the thin comments.. as few as a couple weeks ago (before this "hole") , he had a nice, round belly... tons of pods (tiny and large) in my tank...

dang...
any hope?
oh, and will this effect other fish? (should i remove him if i can?)

JeF4y
03/11/2010, 03:53 PM
looks starved as well... if you can get him out and put him in a fuge/sump where you're cultivating pods or where there may be more of them, do it... But something tells me he's a goner. Sorry...

JeF4y
03/11/2010, 03:55 PM
I had a mandarin that had that exact same thing except his was on his back. I hate to tell you but it eventually became a very large wound. It was like a flesh eating disease or something. That or another animal was eating him alive. But he swam around and ate like nothing bothered him.

And what was the ultimate outcome?