PDA

View Full Version : LTA Lighting Question

Doherty
03/12/2010, 05:28 AM
Was thinking about adding a LTA to my LPS tank....... It is currently being lit by 4x24 T5 HO. My tank is only 10 inches deep and the light is about 5 inches above the tank.

Question is, do you guys think this will be enough light for this LTA to be happy and healthy?

Thanks!

Toddrtrex
03/12/2010, 08:54 AM
Is this for your 25 or 20?

The lighting should be enough, but I would be more concerned about it outgrowing either one of those tanks.

Doherty
03/12/2010, 11:42 AM
Is this for your 25 or 20?

The lighting should be enough, but I would be more concerned about it outgrowing either one of those tanks.

It is for the 25g...... Dim are 24"x24"x10" high. Do you think with thoes dimentions it will be still too small? It is an open floor plan with only a small amount of rocks twards the back of the tank.

jarrod13
03/12/2010, 11:56 AM
I have an lta in almost the same setup, light wise you will be fine. Mine takes up about half the tank, when their happy they grow pretty fast and spread out like crazy. If you really want to do it put a dinner plate in the tank to give yourself a perception of how big they get.

I only have a few shrooms in that tank and the rest is pretty much filled with macro. It's one of my favorite tanks.