PDA

View Full Version : Small Clows Going Over Overflow

Nerd1717
03/12/2010, 06:40 AM
I just bought two Picasso Clowns, but the guys are very small. They love to hang out by the overflow, and last night one went over. Not a huge deal, but I have an arrow crab the size of Texas that is in jail down there for killing fish.

I put a finer screen over the overflow, but it hurts my flow out and is louder, is there a way to get them to sleep somewhere else at night?

Yes, I messed up "clowns" in the title.

75pxatr
03/12/2010, 07:02 AM
Mine did the same thing. Found that the culprit was an aggressive fish that was harassing them. Also, can you find something for them to host in?

Nerd1717
03/12/2010, 07:06 AM
I want fun BTA, but itn't it hit or miss on whether the anenome will host them anyway?

Aerowen
03/12/2010, 07:40 AM
i am also having that problem, but i do not think its any fish harassing them because they are alone. Maybe they just like swimming in the current

Nerd1717
03/12/2010, 08:36 AM
I have not seen mine getting harassed either, but I guess that doesn't mean its not happening. At night I think they just like sleeping up there and get sucked in from the flow.

cdsheid
03/12/2010, 01:29 PM
Not sure what you have in the tank or if it will work. But i believe the stay by the overflow box because it is a bigger structure and their able to stay close to the corner. Try adding a bigger structure in the bottom in one of the corner of the tank were they can have a structure behind them that they feel safe. Their going to go were they could see any predators coming. So if they have a strong structure behind them, they may nestle in the corner next to it when they sleep. I would point a blower at that structure also. May not work or make sense but if the overflow is creating the flow they like to stay and one spot and slowly swim and rest. You wil probably want to create that same condition in another corner.