View Full Version : You are invited to our 2nd Annual NWRS/UPMMAS Frag Swap! April 10th
03/12/2010, 11:19 AM
Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS)
along with co-hosts
Upper Peninsula of Michigan Marine Aquarium Society (UPMMAS)
Cordially invites you to the 2nd Annual
Saturday April 10th, 2010 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Quality Inn Hotel, Rhinelander, WI
· Thousands of Live Coral to Trade or Buy!
· Large raffle including a Grand prize Vortech mp40w!
· Door Prizes every half hour!
· Free Give-aways
· Thousands of $$ in Prizes and Give-aways
· Silent Auction Featuring Coral from LiveAquaria!
· Dry goods to Buy or Trade!
· Opportunity to preorder from LA's Divers Den & pickup the day of the event!
· Discount at Foster & Smith Retail Store on Drygoods for the day!
· And much much more!
Friday Night Setup Available for Traders/Vendors
Discount rooms at the Quality Inn available!
Visit Northern Wisconsin Reef Society (NWRS) (http://www.nwreefsociety.com) for more detailed information and to pre register!
Member of the Northern Wisconsin Reef Society! www.nwreefsociety.com
Member of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan Marine Aquarium Society! www.upmmas.com
03/21/2010, 02:48 PM
Im coming for sure
03/21/2010, 04:28 PM
Where: Quality Inn (Formally Holiday Inn), Rhinelander, WI.
When: Saturday, April 10th, 10:00am - 4:00pm cst. (Coral Trader setup, Friday, 4:00 - 8:00pm & Saturday, 8:00 - 10:00 am)
The event will be held at the Quality Inn. The hotel is located at 668 West Kemp Street, Rhinelander, WI 54501. It is the same location that F&S has held their Conference dinner/speakers. It is conveniently located right on US 8 as you enter Rhinelander from the west There are two other motels and two restaurants within walking distance from the Quality Inn.
We have also arranged for a limited number of rooms with special pricing (74.99) at the Quality Inn. The special price is for a limited number of rooms so make your reservations soon! The Quality Inn can be contacted at: 715-369-3600
The 2010 swap will be bigger and better than last year! Come & socialize with fellow reefers who share your passion for this unique and wonderful hobby.
- The Coral Swap will have an amazing selection of coral, all at tremendous prices for you to purchase from our Traders—all coral experts, in their own right, always willing to answer questions and give you suggestions on how to take care of your coral purchases.
- The Silent Coral Auction Again this year, one of our major sponsors Foster & Smith’s LiveAquaria is donating coral from Diver’s Den for our silent auction. In addition our Coral traders and Club members will be donating beautiful coral! Last year’s auction resulted in unbelievable bargains for the winners!
- Divers Den Coral Drs. F&S LiveAquaria will be allowing attendees to preorder from their Divers Den and pickup your items the day of our event. You can save shipping charges on any item that is normally shipped from Drs Foster & Smith Aquaculture Coral & Marine Life Facility in Rhinelander Wisconsin. Now is your chance to purchase that Coral(s), Fish, Clam or Invertebrate, and the money you save on shipping, you can spend on Frags at the Swap. Instructions for ordering can be found here: LiveAquaria's Divers Den Link (http://nwreefsociety.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=747.0)
Receive and Win Great Items -
- There 3 ways in which attendees and coral traders can receive or win great items! As of this week, we have received over $6,000 in donated prizes and giveaways! The Prize and giveaway packages items and value will change as we receive more donations, but you can get a good idea from the below.
1) There will be many free great giveaways to anyone who registers (pre-registration or at the door). Examples are; Drs. Foster & Smith T-Shirts, recent copies of Coral Magazine, AquaStik Epoxy Putty from Two Little Fishies or numerous other items. The value of the give-away packages will $20 to $30+ dollars. The giveaway items are of limited quantity and are on a "first come - first receive" basis. The best way to guaranty you will receive the best giveaway package is to pre-register as early as possible!
2) Door prize drawings will be held every half hour staring at 10:30am cst. Prizes will include items from; Omega one food, EcoSystems, Hamilton Technology, Python Products Inc., Aquarium Fish International, San Francisco Bay Brand, Ocean Nutrition, DT's Phytoplankton, Rod's Food, Red Sea, Zoo Med, Hamilton Lighting, EcoSystem, Seachem and numerous other items to be announced. Value of the Door Prizes will be from $50 to $150.
3) Grand prize drawing will be held at 3:00pm cst. The grand prize will be a Vortec MP40. In addition to the Vortec, the grand prize drawing will feature more great prizes from Current USA (skimmer), Aquatic Life (Controller ORP / Monitor Ph), UV Lighting (6pk. T5 48" bulbs), Ecoxotic (Panoramic LED unite) and a 75 GPD RO/DI 5 stage unit. Grand Prize Drawing items will range in value from $95 to $400+.
Again this year, the Drs. Foster & Smith Retail Store will be offering a 10% discount on all dry-goods purchased the day of our swap! If you don't see it in the store, take a catalog at one of the front counters. You can order any dry-goods out of the catalog that you want. When you are ready to check-out, show the friendly person at the front counter what you want from the catalog and they'll run back to the warehouse and get it for you!! It is like the World's largest pet store inventory to choice from. Hint: I usually shop the catalogs or the website and make a shopping list before I get to the store. It will save you a lot of time!
The map and discount coupon will be available at the swap registration table or can be found Here: Dr's F&S Store Info Link (http://nwreefsociety.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=748.0)
Information and updates for the entire event can be found: HERE (http://nwreefsociety.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?board=16.0)
Updates and a detailed list of prizes and giveaways can be found: HERE (http://nwreefsociety.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=744.0)
To preregister as a trader or attendee, go to our homepage: HERE (http://www.nwreefsociety.com/)
03/25/2010, 11:58 PM
Here is the list of everyone that has donated to our Swap:
Omega one food
Aquarium Fish International
San Francisco Bay Brand
Two Little Fishies
Visit our Sponsor page here (http://www.nwreefsociety.com/sponsors.html)
Please use the sponsor links and support the companies that have been so generous for our upcoming event!
Are Major Sponsors are:
03/26/2010, 12:00 AM
Here are the coral traders the have registered:
John & Dawn
Pet Stop Crew
House of Coral
UPMMAS Club Tank
Meisen's (Presale Only)
04/03/2010, 11:12 AM
We're going for sure!:lolspin:
04/03/2010, 12:25 PM
LAST DAY TO PRE-REGISTER!
Today is the last day to pre-register as a Guest-Attendee or as a Coral Trader. If you have been planning to pre-register, please do so ASAP TODAY!
You can still attend the event. We will be happy to register you on April 10 at the door!
04/03/2010, 12:26 PM
Food & Drink Update:
The Quality Inn will be offering lunch and snacks in their lounge, which is conveniently located next to Frag Swap. There will be pulled pork sandwiches, hot dogs, etc., along with coffee, pop, or your favorite refreshing beverage! There will be tables/chairs available in the Lounge and breakfast room.
04/08/2010, 02:43 AM
We have had Coral Traders posting their donated coral that will be featured in our Silent Coral Auction and this evening I added the Divers Den Coral from Drs. F&S LiveAquaria. Check out the auction coral photos: HERE (http://nwreefsociety.com/simplemachinesforum/index.php?topic=777.0):
Here are a few teasers:
Reminder: If you are a coral trader, please post or email me a jpg of your auction coral!
I getting pretty excited, only two more days to go!!
Hope everybody can attend the Swap on Saturday! If you do, stop by my table and say HI.
04/27/2010, 10:25 PM
Thank You from UPMMAS & NWRS
I want to thank both Attendees & Traders for supporting our event!! We tripled our attendance from last year!
Everybody went home a free goodie bag. There was an unbelievable selection of beautiful coral to purchase from talented & witty traders and win in the large silent auction. Lastly, many lucky people when home with great raffle prizes.
Besides everything stated above, I was able to catch-up with old friends and make many new ones. I hope everybody was able to the same and have as much fun as I did.
For thoughts of you that miss the swap this year, checkout the slideshow made by our favorite photographer, Felicia. 2010 Frag Swap Slideshow (http://www.flickr.com/photos/feliciamccaulley/sets/72157623850134364/show/)
Hope to see everybody next year!
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.