PDA

View Full Version : First Fill... RO/DI TDS of 6?

Footbag
03/12/2010, 07:13 PM
Finished plumbing the tank, and I'm ready for my first fill(leak test), but when I tested my RO water it had a TDS of 6. I have a new membrane and DI coming on Monday, but I'm anxious.
Should I start making the water, or should I wait until I get the new filters on Monday?

chris.francis14
03/12/2010, 08:15 PM
If your just leak testing it and not planning on keeping it full, I would not worry about a think. If you plan on keeping it full, I would wait until the new filters arive.

Rhodan
03/12/2010, 08:43 PM
Wait...you need to dump that TDS 6 water....

serum153
03/12/2010, 08:46 PM
A tds of six is pretty dang good, but obviously zero is the goal. I change my ro/di when I reach 5 tds with no ill effects. I am impatient, so I would probably go with it if I were yuo, but then later on down the line if you have an algae issues, you will always blame it on this decision. :)

Footbag
03/12/2010, 10:44 PM
A tds of six is pretty dang good, but obviously zero is the goal. I change my ro/di when I reach 5 tds with no ill effects. I am impatient, so I would probably go with it if I were yuo, but then later on down the line if you have an algae issues, you will always blame it on this decision. :)

And I'd probably kill myself for rushing it. I think I'm waiting.

Thanks.