PDA

View Full Version : Are these Picasso Clownfishes?

SyNdICuS
03/13/2010, 04:39 AM
Went to LFS the other day and saw a pair of these clowns. One appear to be Grade B Picasso and one a Semi-Picasso, but they weren't labeled as such. I got them for a really good deal. Can you guys check out the video and tell me what you think?
Thanks,
Mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxhwfO8YOus

daveonbass
03/13/2010, 04:45 AM
could they be snowflakes? I forget which is which...but they look great...nice find.

SyNdICuS
03/13/2010, 04:52 AM
Thanks, they are very nice. Its kinda hard to ID them though. Was looking at some picassos on the web and they look pretty close. I think the snowflakes has a lot more white.

monkeybiz
03/13/2010, 05:33 AM
Looks like a pair of picassos to me good find! Snowflakes are occelaris and picassos are percula clownfish.

j917
03/13/2010, 09:29 AM
yea they are picassos grade b nice

clowns101
03/13/2010, 09:49 AM
Looks like a pair of picassos to me good find! Snowflakes are occelaris and picassos are percula clownfish.

Not all Picassos are Percula sp.C-quest breeds a strain of Ocellaris sp. with the Picasso Percula sp. pattern!

Here is a link to the fish Im speaking of:
http://www.oceangalleryii.com/livestock/product_info.php?cPath=4_14&products_id=1521

To help with ID one seems to be a Simi to GradeB.The other one seems to have a more complex pattern which leads me to think it could be a little bit higher GradeB.But for possible GradeB fish,they have a very good coloration and pattern.

jt_milstead
03/14/2010, 12:59 AM
1 Grade C, and 1 Grade B+.
Picasso Percula Clownfish - variation of Amphiprion percula.The Picasso Percula is a selectively bred True Percula Clownfish with erratic misbarring, similar to a jigsaw puzzle piece, covering over 75% of its body. If its not a Percula is not a Picasso.

ILLiDaN
03/14/2010, 01:15 AM
Jt couldn't have said it better myself. I don't see how snowflakes and picassos cause confusion though

tanglovers
03/14/2010, 01:32 AM
JT is correct.

The ocellaris strain C-quest has available are not being sold as 'picassos'. They are selling them as Designers and come from the same lineage as the wyoming whites. I have seen a couple online places selling them as 'Van Gogh' Ocellaris but IMO it is best to just leave that as designer since that is what the breeder is calling them.

str8leg
03/14/2010, 01:43 AM
snowflake....

oceancube1
03/14/2010, 02:29 AM
snowflake....

dude go visit www.maast.org . they let local people rip other local people off and let them stay in there community forums, this forum is much better and more safer than that site.as for the clowns, i would rate them one B+ and the other a misbar, but they look great!!!!!

oceancube1
03/14/2010, 02:31 AM
second on that, the misbar has the sideburns so i say both b grade picasso's....great snag....

Rhizo
03/14/2010, 03:56 AM
1 Grade C, and 1 Grade B+.

What the heck is a B+ :hmm3:

Seriously people today come out with the most ridiculous things. It's bad enough breeders are trying to "brand" so dang much, but B+ and A+?... :lmao:

OP - In a short answer, yes, both Picasso clowns :artist:

SyNdICuS
03/14/2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone for the info! :bounce3: