PDA

View Full Version : R-O Waste Water and what to do with it.

RGibson
03/13/2010, 09:38 AM
I put about 300 gal of waste water down the drain every mo,from my R-O system now i want to try to put it to better used.I have 300 gal tank out side next to the wall wear the R-O is inside , it will only take a short water line to reach the tank from the R-O system .Next what to do with it,this is wear i need help from all of you if you have a good idea let me hear from you.
Ralph

waterkrill
03/13/2010, 09:51 AM
You could fill the washing machine, or have it run outside to water the grass, garden.

Av8bluewater
03/13/2010, 09:53 AM
You could get a pump that will get you 50 psi (ish) and run the same water back through the RO unit. At least I think you could do this...

RBU1
03/13/2010, 10:02 AM
I am trying somehting that was suggested by Jim at the Filter Guys. I added a second membrane to my system. It is supposed to double my water output and greatly reduce my waste water. You will have to contact Jim for more technical information.

RGibson
03/13/2010, 02:11 PM
You could fill the washing machine, or have it run outside to water the grass, garden.
I though that the water could go to the house toilets but it would take a lot of plumbing.

kc350twin
03/13/2010, 05:00 PM
You could get a pump that will get you 50 psi (ish) and run the same water back through the RO unit. At least I think you could do this...

Bad idea. The rejected water is rejected for a reason. The TDS is highly concentrated at that point and is hard on the unit.

I am trying somehting that was suggested by Jim at the Filter Guys. I added a second membrane to my system. It is supposed to double my water output and greatly reduce my waste water. You will have to contact Jim for more technical information.

Good idea. You have to have 60psi or more or you will need a booster pump.

You will get close or better than a 1:1 ratio depending on the temperature of the source water.

Also check this out.

https://www.wattspremier.com/products.php?product=Zero-Waste-Retrofit-Kit

kc350twin
03/13/2010, 05:03 PM
There are a few threads on this in the "Responsible Reef Keeping" thread....

N-dog
03/13/2010, 05:51 PM
water lawn or garden, water house plants, ect

reefergeorge
03/13/2010, 08:08 PM
I am trying something that was suggested by Jim at the Filter Guys. I added a second membrane to my system. It is supposed to double my water output and greatly reduce my waste water. You will have to contact Jim for more technical information.

I always thought you had to double your waste flow to add a second membrane. So you would have twice the production, but twice the waste.

After I flooded my wash machine 20+ times. My waste water goes right down the drain.

scottwhitson
03/13/2010, 08:12 PM
Adding a second membrane does cut your waste water substantially. You feed the second membrane with the waste from the first and it re-filters it cutting the total waste output. This also brings up the post by Av8bluewater that you could recycle your waste water back through your membrane.

solitude127
03/13/2010, 11:41 PM
I collect my waste water in 2 brute cans and then have it injected into my spinkler system using a veturi.