PDA

View Full Version : Ever have a BTA do this?

blownz281
03/13/2010, 01:46 PM
I have had all kinds of nems before and had to get rid of all my tanks to move acouple years ago. So I have had great success with BTA's before. Got one yesterday from a local home shop. Guy is well know since 1986. he lives right down the street and I dripped the nem for 30mins just to be safe. He blew up huge and large bubbled tips. He is 10 inches across and got him for $35.00. Well I think my lighting shocked him,since he just got him from his whole saler like two days ago. His holding tanks don't have near as bright light or rough moving water. It never wanted to grip to the rocks kept falling over. Ate shrimp,then once I turned the lights out seemed more settled. Still looks great today kinda stuck to one side of a rock and stuck to the sand. Baby clowns found him already. Should I reconnect all my pumps or wait for acouple more days and let him get used to the lights and filters? Thanks

bues0022
03/13/2010, 04:24 PM
If you have your pumps off to let him attach, there's a good chance that once you turn your powerheads back on that he'll move to find his "sweet spot" once the flow is back on. I'd say that now that his foot is attached to something and he's not floating all over, turn the powerheads back on (make sure they're protected!)

blownz281
03/13/2010, 06:02 PM
Thanks everything is still good. Yes I have all powerheads/filters covered with panty hose cut to fit. It lets the filters breathe and keeps animals out of them.