PDA

View Full Version : ID red orb.

silentcivilian
03/13/2010, 05:18 PM
1st: What is the red orb there?? Ive seen lots of coraline growth in my tank that is good, I have seen stomatella snails come out of no where, I have seen multiple bristle worms.. some over 2 inchs long.. I have alot of good growth in my tank, and many happy fish. Though I have no idea what this red orb is??? All I ever picture of it is "Red Matter" from startrek, and its going to open up in to a black hole and consume my tank.

2nd: Note the snail eggs in the second picture.. how long do these take to manifest so to say.. and become tiny snails.. I currently have a diverse group of snails on my tank... I have Nassarius and Bumble Bee snails, I have Trochus and many Stomatella snails. I also have seen several baby turbo hitchhiker snails. So really dont know what to expect.. but they are quite horny as I have eggs popping up all over my tank.

Monster00101
03/13/2010, 05:22 PM
I have the eggs too but ive been told they rarley make it to baby snails. As for the orb no clue sorry.

Bongo Shrimp
03/13/2010, 05:40 PM
Red bubble algae.

Grandreef 2
03/13/2010, 05:41 PM
+1 Red bubble algae

DevilBoy
03/13/2010, 05:46 PM
red valonia just another form of green valonia

cloak
03/13/2010, 06:14 PM
The eggs look like nassarius vibex. I'm sure somebody here has had them turn into baby snails, but if there is some sort of free floating stage, they'll most likely just end up being a snack for something. Not the best of odds I'm sorry to say. Somebody else should be able to give you a more detailed life cycle.

GL.