PDA

View Full Version : Turkey baseing

nervous nelly
03/14/2010, 06:47 PM
ok so today i decided to turkey based my polyps and some of them flew away in the tank somewhere are they dead? or will they pop up somewhere else...

irieef
03/14/2010, 06:52 PM
as long as they can still get some light they will attach again..or get sucked into a powerhead..

Fizz71
03/15/2010, 10:58 AM
{...trying hard to not make a comment about how one's hand can squeeze a turkey baster hard enough to blow a zoanthid off...assuming it was a recent frag mount and leaving it go...}

Anyway..The zoas odds actually aren't that good. Although irieeg's comment is completely accurate, the odds of a zoanthid finding a resting current area of your tank that is lit enough for it is pretty tough. They don't walk like anemones and generally require more light than shrooms so if it does manage to attach it's stuck there and probably doomed.

Sorry. :(

I've lost many zoanthids because they weren't mounted properly and accidentally detached during their repair and never seen again. This happened as recently as 4 months ago when I lost some tubs blues...very sad.

If you manage to find them...remount them.

gkb
03/15/2010, 11:08 AM
I completely agree with everything that has already been said.

Especially...if you find them, remount them to a piece of rock. Superglue gel will work.