PDA

View Full Version : need a net

footballdude2k3
03/15/2010, 01:01 PM
i am ordering a refractometer online today and i am just going to order everything else that i can think of that i would need. i know that i will need a net at some point, but i have heard that they can get hurt in a net and there is something else that you can use that they would not get hurt, what is it called?

wooden_reefer
03/15/2010, 01:08 PM
i am ordering a refractometer online today and i am just going to order everything else that i can think of that i would need. i know that i will need a net at some point, but i have heard that they can get hurt in a net and there is something else that you can use that they would not get hurt, what is it called?

I have a few nets. I know there will be times a net will have to be used, but I very seldom, almost never, use a net to catch fish. A lot of bacteria infections are the result of the breaking of the skin.

First, you try to trap them.

Second, I sometimes try very late at night and using a flash light.

Third, if these fail, my standard procedure is then to remove most rock and some water and then use a large clear bag to slowly corner fish. Often when I move very slowly the fish will swim right into the bag.

footballdude2k3
03/15/2010, 01:23 PM
what kind of trap do you use?

footballdude2k3
03/15/2010, 01:24 PM
and like i said i want to try to avoid using a net i would rather use something else because of the things i have heard.

wooden_reefer
03/15/2010, 01:52 PM
what kind of trap do you use?

There are many pictures of traps in this forum.

Do a search.

wooden_reefer
03/15/2010, 02:03 PM
You likely need a good net or two, but just be very hesitant to use them.