PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing a DSA Neo 185

reefknight
03/15/2010, 10:00 PM
Hey guys I'm in the design phase currently for the plumbing of my Neo 185. The sump is going to be a 50gal breeder and I'm placing in glass baffles to create a bubble trap as well as a small refugium. The return pump is an ATB Flowstar 1500. The drains are dual 1" durso's that will have double union ball valves at the base of the bulkheads. The returns are also dual 1", but I am reducing these to 3/4" to match the pump return as well as the plumbing going to my chiller. I would like to plumb the chiller inline with the pump as well as a drain valve for easier water changes. I have successfully done this in the past on my current 90gal.

I am kicking around the idea of creating a manifold on the return side and adding a couple of extra outputs with ball valves to feed different equipment in the future. Maybe a phosban reactor or such.

Can anyone show me some photos of your plumbing schemes with manifolds, please? I would really like to see some of your handy work so I can have a better idea of what I want to do.

Thanks!

reefknight
03/16/2010, 02:54 PM
Bump