PDA

View Full Version : Aquacon?

StayPuft
03/16/2010, 10:16 AM
Has anyone ever bought livestock from AquaCon.com or Aquatic Connection? They have a fish I want but I'd like to get some opinions on their customer service, quality of livestock, etc before going through with the purchase. Thanks in advance!

GoingPostal
03/16/2010, 10:17 AM
Emphasis on the CON. Stay away.

Wolverine
03/16/2010, 10:24 AM
Warning: not direct personal experience.
When I started out in this hobby, I looked at ordering from them, and the only positive review out of the dozens I got was from someone who could walk to their place (and may have worked for them, though I never confirmed this absolutely).

StayPuft
03/16/2010, 10:51 AM
That's too bad. It's the only place I could find that has a Jeweled Moray.

MikeandNicole
03/16/2010, 10:59 AM
Awful reviews and their BBB score is also horrendous (or was when I looked about 6 months ago).

Edit: Still an F
http://www.seflorida.bbb.org/Business-Report/Aquatic-Connection-27001077

StayPuft
03/16/2010, 11:19 AM
It's a good thing I asked. Thanks!

GoingPostal
03/16/2010, 03:26 PM
That's too bad. It's the only place I could find that has a Jeweled Moray.

I very much doubt they even do, usually if you do get something from that place, it's not what you ordered.

iamwrasseman
03/16/2010, 08:12 PM
Staypuft ,check out live aquaria as they have had them in before and you can get on a request list at blue zoo as they will email you when they come in . they have done that for me on several occasions .hope you find one as they are very cool moreys

StayPuft
03/16/2010, 09:28 PM
Thanks. I contacted Blue Zoo and they told me they expect to get some in next month. So I'll just wait until then. I'm also on the list from LiveAquaria to be notified when they get one in.

iamwrasseman
03/16/2010, 09:37 PM
yes blue zoo will notify you too if you ask them to . good luck oh yah are you interested in a true viper morey eel as i have one that need a new home .pm me if you wish so we dont hijack this tread .

TheH
03/16/2010, 10:43 PM
There was a post just recently about someone who ordered a carpet anemone from them but was sent a common condy. They say they have a Jeweled Moray, but they could just send you a snowflake.

iamwrasseman
03/17/2010, 05:18 AM
they are a bit more dependable than that and they even have a wysiwyg section so you get actual pictures of your fish to be .

wtbusernamepst
03/25/2010, 07:57 AM
They Took me for $300
Made an order with them took a day off work to be there for the order arrival.
They dident even call to say they dident ship it even know they knew I took the day off.

I sent emails they dident answer to.

I called and the Secretary told me they will refund the money Saturday???
and to this day they never have after repeated calls and there repeated promisses still nothing.

What a way to do business..... I see they do this to almost everyone,
How is this allowed >?
Anyone know there business address as we have a Summer vacation coming up and ill be in the area, I wouldent mind meeting them.

AC2020x
03/25/2010, 10:08 AM
Ok, so this is what just just happend to me! Read my post a few down about getting porc puffer tomorrow.

My dad decided to surprise me without asking and ordered me a porc puffer since I had been considering getting one for a while. Once I found out it was aquacon, I looked up reviews and found nothing but bad things so I wasn't expecting much. I don't know if they have changed management or I just got lucky but I was very impressed with what I got.

My Dad decided to double surprize me and got a porc puffer, butterflyfish and a blue hippo tang. -- Which I didn't know till I opened the box. All the fish were fine and it was very well packaged- the water was about 76 degrees.

It took about a week longer than expected cause my dad said everytime he called the butterflyfish that he had ordered- they told him everytime they got it in, it wouldn't make it though the weekend till they could ship it. So they offered to send a Blue mask butterflyfish instead at no extra cost which was $160 on their website for the medium. Alot more than the other butterfly my dad ordered.

After proper acclimation they all seem to be doing very well and all seem very healthy. The puffer and butterfly ate yesterday, and the tang is still shy, but from what i've read blue hippo tangs take over a week till they start to settle into a new tank, and they are very very shy fish.

I would say my experience with aquacon.com was an A++ so far, however thats just me and I have heard a lot of bad about them. I don't know if I just got lucky or what. Also I've only had the fish for about 2 days now but they all seemed to be doing very well yesterday!

Let me know if you have any questions?

Also all of the specimens looked exactly like they do in the pictures on the site and all seem very healthy.

SoLiD
12/20/2010, 11:51 PM
Over 3 years ago I bought 3 PPE frags for $260 from www.aquacon.com (http://www.aquacon.com/) ($79X3= $240 plus $20 box fee = $260). That's what AquaCON called them back then, but that's not what they call them now. Well, they had some weird ordering method where you would fill out a form and then they run your credit card when they are ready. It sounded strange so I called there number and spoke to the owner (Ron) and he assured me that he had several frags, so I placed my order on his site the way he told me to. Well after almost month and no frags, email, or a phone call, I called them several times to cancel my order, but I could only get an answering machine. So after 10+ calls in 3 days I left a message to cancel. Then 3 days after of leaving the call the owner calls my house phone instead of my cell phone and left a message that the frag order shipped and they will be there tomorrow. When I got the package they were clearly NOT what I ordered and NOT PPE's or even close. I tried to contact them but all I was able to do was leave another message on the answering machine for the next 6 or so days until the phone was DISCONNECTED. I thought OMG these guys are actually going to get away with it.

SO DON'T ORDER FROM WWW.AQUACON.COM (http://www.aquacon.com/) OR YOU WILL GET RIPPED OFF!!!

I was checking around and I noticed they are back online so BUYER BEWARE!

What I supposedly ordered from them.
The ad said 5 polyp frags when I bought them.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd285/SoLiDST33L/AquaConPPEAd-Feb2007.jpg

This is what the ad said 2 years ago!
Notice How they Changed the Wording and Picture!!!
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd285/SoLiDST33L/AquaconPPEs.jpg

What I actually got from them.
http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd285/SoLiDST33L/YourPPEs.jpg

And if you look now you'll see that they finally dumped PPE's off their Zoa/Paly For Sale list due to my review here and every other forum where I have posted.

AquaCon's Zoanthid , Zoa's, Zoos & more page (http://www.aquacon.com/zoanthid.html)

PLEASE JUST STAY AWAY FROM AQUACON.COM OR YOU RISK GETTING RIPPED OFF JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE WHO BUYS FROM THESE JERKS!!!!!

-David

jjk_reef00
12/21/2010, 01:08 AM
I agree with everyone above and would only buy from reputable dealers such as live aquaria and blue zoo. My lfs took $200 from me for a tang and kept saying it never came it, then came in but died, etc... It took me 6 months until the LFS got something I liked and it still wasn't my tang. Unfortunately these smaller operations like to get your money in house and then try to rip you off by giving you livestock that retails for 1/2 of 1/4 of what you paid.

jjk_reef00
12/21/2010, 01:37 AM
The california facility has one:
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+29+1689&pcatid=1689

The fish are no treated as well as divers den fish (Wisconsin facility), but I've had good luck ordering hardy fish from Cali. I just make sure I qt. I have no idea how hardy these eels are or how/if you have to qt them.

agreeive?fish
12/21/2010, 06:40 AM
from what i have read(no personal experience) the last 3 letters of their name says it all, i have looked at their website numerous times and find it unbelievable that they have all the fish in stock they show as in stock especially many of the more rare/high dollar ones considering most times the big well know and well respected on line companies dont have them in stock 50% of the time

scoly
03/11/2011, 12:39 AM
Guess I should have done more research!!I ordered about 200$ worth of Zoas from these guys. Well guess what, they ripped me off! Sent order out a week later than they were supposed to, all 3 frags looked bad. The main reason I did the order was to get a frag of Japanese fruit loop Zoas. What they sent me look nothing like what I ordered, what they sent me as fruit loops have brown skirts with pale green centers! One of the other frags said it was going to have 10+ polyps, well I got 6 polyps. So, with that being said, I to say stay away!!!!!!!!

SoLiD
03/11/2011, 01:17 AM
Why isn't a BAN on Aquacon.com Stickied???

ironeagle2006
03/11/2011, 11:31 AM
When I order online I order from 2 Places ONLY Saltwaterfish.com and Liveaquaria.com ONLY never have been ripped off from either place. Live Aquaria has the Divers den and you can normally find the Jeweled Moray there.

saltyfishlvr
03/12/2011, 12:12 AM
Perfect timing, I was thinking about ordering from them, but won't now! Thanks

NirvanaFan
03/12/2011, 11:08 PM
I've also noticed they "borrow" pictures of corals from other people/websites.

SoLiD
03/13/2011, 01:46 AM
This has been going on for years now. WTH!!!

balancedtank
03/27/2011, 05:18 PM
I order from them after I heard the business changed hands a few years ago. I wanted to come here and say that they have improved. Sadly I cannot say that. I am still waiting on my refund for a blue sponge (other items were very lacking).
You know they are a scam company because they "somehow" never seem to run out of anything. there is no reef store in the world that never runs out of an item once and a while.
What aquCON does is to send you the closest thing to your order and if they can't get something close, they just don't send the remainder of your order and will not refund you.
I am starting my fraud complaint process this week.

sean33laf
04/04/2011, 06:05 PM
I just ordered from aquacon.com last week Mon, March 28, 2011 3:51:02 PM and got a voided UPS tracking number sent from UPS two days later Wed, March 30, 2011 6:21:06 PM
. I sent several emails to try to find out the status of my order and have got no reply via email whatsoever. I have sent an email every business day since Tue, March 29, 2011 the day before voided tracking number was sent to me asking for the status of my order and have never gotten a reply by email. I have called on Friday April 1st 2011 to ask the status of my order. I was able to get ahold of someone and said there was a problem with the credit card address and the address I was shipping to as they were different and I marked it the same (my fault) and was waiting for confirmation of my information that I gave when I ordered and was told my order would be sent out Monday (April 4th) or Tuesday (April 5th). I had a friend of mine call them today to find out if my order will be sent today the 4th or tomorrow the 5th and they told him that it would be sent tomorrow on the 5th. I thought it was kinda odd for a company to wait so long to send it so I did some research online and came across a lot of bad info about them on forums and on the better business bureau (on the BBB it says they are no longer in business) SO I thought I would share my experience good or bad about them and hopefully when i receive my order it will be as expected and not as many on here have had. I spent 160$ on that site.......I will update this if my order has been sent when they said and when I receive my order I will put every detail so that it will be without question, pics and all

SoLiD
04/04/2011, 06:17 PM
Man, I'd just cancel your order and put a claim with the credit card company. And do it fast. I can promise you that you will not receive everything on your list. It will either be missing or substituted with something else without your consent or knowledge. Just save yourself the hassle. Trust me!!!

Did You Not See My Pictures Up Above??? Might as well play Russian Roulette!!!

SushiGirl
04/04/2011, 06:31 PM
I've also noticed they "borrow" pictures of corals from other people/websites.

Yep, the Venustus Angel photo on there is mine. They never asked and never compensated me for it. They stole it from a Reefkeeper magazine article that I allowed it to be posted in. They also won't take it down.

sean33laf
04/05/2011, 04:24 PM
Yes I have seen your pictures and have read all the testimonies about aquacon........after I ordered from them. I sent an email again this morning Tue, April 5, 2011 11:09:15 AM and asked if I can get the tracking number for my order. I finally got a reply(Tue, April 5, 2011 12:25:11 PM)
to one of my emails from orders.aquacon@gmail.com that said "Sure, you will receive an email tonight from FedEx with your tracking number". I also recieved a message on my answering machine from Crystal saying my order will be shipped today. I called them today as well and confirmed that my order was shipping today and asked again that the tracking number be sent to my email address. At Tue, April 5, 2011 5:46:10 PM I was sent a tracking number from fedex by SALTWATER FISH USA INC. to tell me my order was picked up and will be delivered tomorrow Wed, April 6, 2011 by 3pm. So far, everything looks likes its going good. When I receive my order, I will take pictures of the box before I open it, while I open it, and after I open it. I will also post it on here for everyone to see. I will also post the list of items ordered and pics to show if it is what it is suppose to be. I hope it is what i expect and not what many on here have reported.

olemiss reb
04/05/2011, 05:25 PM
I hope it is what i expect and not what many on here have reported.

You very well could windup being the first satisfied customer that I have heard of but I suspect your package will be full of aquaCON fail.

sean33laf
04/05/2011, 06:15 PM
I really hope your wrong, when I get my order, we shall see. I really hope it is what its suppose to be. If not, I will deal with it then and as swiftly as I can. The whole process though I began to log as soon as I found out about the discrepancies a lot have encountered with the same company. Hopefully things have changed, wont be able to tell for sure until after I receive it tomorrow.

olemiss reb
04/06/2011, 07:00 PM
I receive it tomorrow.

Did anything arrive?

SoLiD
04/06/2011, 08:14 PM
did anything arrive?

+1 ???

sean33laf
04/07/2011, 02:33 PM
Heres what happened......I got a call from fedex yesturday morning to tell me my order would arrive by 3pm that day. It arrived around noon and the box looked undamaged and was packed with a foam box,heatpaks, peanuts and the fish in bags as they should http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/box2.jpg http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/shrimbag.jpghttp://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/tangbag.jpghttp://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/flamebag.jpg. When I got done unpacking I noticed 2 items missing from my order. I was missing the 2 pistol shrimp.
This is what I ordered: red and green gracillaria, Medium yellow tang, dwarf flame angel, 3 peppermint shrimp and 2 red pistol shrimp. The fish are healthy but the flame angel was gasping for air and the tangs water was grosse. The ph in the water was around 7.4 and around .25ppm ammonia. The fish are now doing great in the tank,http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/tangtank.jpg http://i986.photobucket.com/albums/ae350/sean32laf/flameclown.jpgbut iam still waiting to hear back about a refund from them for the missing items . I called and left a message on the machine and sent an email. I will keep on it until I get what I deserve......a refund at least. Those that have had problems.......stay on it and keep calling and messaging everyday. Persistence is like Chinese water torture. Iam just glad I got MOST of what I ordered and the two fish were bigger than I ordered and one of the peppermints was full of eggs, but I still would of liked to been asked if I wanted a refund for the missing items if none was in supply

Steveb
04/07/2011, 02:49 PM
Yep, the Venustus Angel photo on there is mine. They never asked and never compensated me for it. They stole it from a Reefkeeper magazine article that I allowed it to be posted in. They also won't take it down.

Are your pictures copyrighted?

SushiGirl
04/07/2011, 06:23 PM
Are your pictures copyrighted?

All photos are copyrighted the moment the shutter is pressed. You don't even have to put a copyright mark on them and they are still protected. Besides that, it was marked with my name directly under the photo in the article, as I requested. Further, the article was copyrighted by ReefCentral.

Sean, I wouldn't count on a refund, standard operating procedure for them is store credit

SoLiD
04/07/2011, 11:10 PM
Man, I'd just cancel your order and put a claim with the credit card company. And do it fast. I can promise you that you will not receive everything on your list. It will either be missing or substituted with something else without your consent or knowledge. Just save yourself the hassle. Trust me!!!

Did You Not See My Pictures Up Above??? Might as well play Russian Roulette!!!

Heres what happened......... When I got done unpacking I noticed 2 items missing from my order. I was missing the 2 pistol shrimp.
This is what I ordered: red and green gracillaria, Medium yellow tang, dwarf flame angel, 3 peppermint shrimp and 2 red pistol shrimp. The fish are healthy but the flame angel was gasping for air and the tangs water was grosse. ... but iam still waiting to hear back about a refund from them for the missing items . I called and left a message on the machine and sent an email. I will keep on it until I get what I deserve......a refund at least. Those that have had problems.......stay on it and keep calling and messaging everyday. Persistence is like Chinese water torture. Iam just glad I got MOST of what I ordered and the two fish were bigger than I ordered and one of the peppermints was full of eggs, but I still would of liked to been asked if I wanted a refund for the missing items if none was in supply

I'm sorry about your issues with AQUACON, BUT DIDN'T I TELL YOU AHEAD OF TIME WHAT WOULD HAPPEN! What LFS's are in your area that you can't buy some of the most basic fish that I see at every Fish Shop? Oh well it's your money.

Also, don't count on getting any of your money back. They have proof that you received a package. Now I don't think you can even dispute it with your credit card company because that's what they will hide behind... the fact that You received a Package. I would still try though.

sean33laf
04/08/2011, 04:23 PM
yes you told me, I lost 4.99 times 2 , thankfully thats all. There is only one LFS here in my town and their fish stock sucks and die easily. Simple damsels die fast, they also put fish together that they tell you are aggressive toward each other but do it themselves. I have more fun ordering online anyway and avoid the BS from a LFS employee. The only things I get from a local LFS are salt and test kits. What would be your recommendation for an online fish and coral provider?

ocellaris123
04/08/2011, 04:41 PM
yes you told me, I lost 4.99 times 2 , thankfully thats all. There is only one LFS here in my town and their fish stock sucks and die easily. Simple damsels die fast, they also put fish together that they tell you are aggressive toward each other but do it themselves. I have more fun ordering online anyway and avoid the BS from a LFS employee. The only things I get from a local LFS are salt and test kits. What would be your recommendation for an online fish and coral provider?

Divers den liveaquaria or bluezoo, You wont get ripped off

SoLiD
04/08/2011, 04:47 PM
also saltwaterfish.com

tomtom47
10/06/2011, 08:32 AM
I have never wrote a review before, but feel that I need to let you know of my experience with Aquacon. I had a modest order, $100 range including shipping. After I hadn't heard anything for the first few days, I looked at the review, and was shocked by the volume of negative feedback. Figuring that I got conned, I expected the worst. Well, surprise, surprise! Aquacon called to let me know the approximate time of delivery, they notified me that my order couldn't be completely filled and a refund would be issued, the order was timely delivered, the marine life was expertly packed in heat-sealed packets, clear instructions were included, the marine life (mostly crabs) were within reasonable expectations and the refund was sent (I did have to follow up for the refund and an apology was sent). This all took place around 8/17/2011. All I can say is that the company must have changed hands or they reversed their whole business model. I would not hesitate to buy from this company again.

KafudaFish
10/06/2011, 09:25 AM
I have never wrote a review before, but feel that I need to let you know of my experience with Aquacon. I had a modest order, $100 range including shipping. After I hadn't heard anything for the first few days, I looked at the review, and was shocked by the volume of negative feedback. Figuring that I got conned, I expected the worst. Well, surprise, surprise! Aquacon called to let me know the approximate time of delivery, they notified me that my order couldn't be completely filled and a refund would be issued, the order was timely delivered, the marine life was expertly packed in heat-sealed packets, clear instructions were included, the marine life (mostly crabs) were within reasonable expectations and the refund was sent (I did have to follow up for the refund and an apology was sent). This all took place around 8/17/2011. All I can say is that the company must have changed hands or they reversed their whole business model. I would not hesitate to buy from this company again.

So you had a small order probably around $65 for livestock and $35 for shipping and they failed to complete the order yet you feel like you got a good deal?

How?

Yes I understand things happen but even if they filled $50 worth of your order and you paid $85 don't you feel taken or that you paid too much for what you got?

khowst
10/06/2011, 12:37 PM

I am not a detective, but a poster with 1 post that seems to have had a good expereince? hmmmm.

Then again even this poster didnt get his entire order filled (of course), and of course he did have to do a follow up for a refund.

I almost ordered from aquaCON when I first started but after 2 weeks of unanswered emails on questions I decided to go else where. This was also about the time I noticed the 150 claims with the BBB.

SoLiD
10/06/2011, 05:00 PM

THIS IS YOUR 1RST POST... REALLY??? I CALL SHENANIGANS!

http://thegroupiesunite.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Shenanigans.jpg

:fun2:

SushiGirl
10/06/2011, 05:31 PM
I find it strange that they gave an actual refund. Usually it's store credit, then they still don't have what you want to order.

LargeAngels
10/07/2011, 08:48 AM
I just don't get why people still order from this place when there are sooooo many other reputable places.

launchnukes
10/07/2011, 05:38 PM
About three years ago I placed a rather large order from them. Everything arrived perfect and I still have a few of the fish to this day. I sold the others, none ever.died. I would have ordered from them again in a second.....until I read the reviews. Lol. Not gonna risk it.

SushiGirl
10/07/2011, 06:10 PM
I used to order from them back in 2002-2003, never had an issue at all with them. As a matter of fact, I got my great live rock from them back then. Sure wouldn't bother now, seems their practices have changed drastically for the worse.

bartmalave
10/07/2011, 06:22 PM
it looks like they have a very bad reputation. its ashme its seller like this that destroy everything

fvalencia4
11/10/2011, 02:19 PM
this place suck awful customer service i order a mystery wrasse and it was DOA and told me they send me a replacement on my next order so y place an other $160 order and they send me a dead mystery wrasse a call them up and they where said that because i place an air stone in the water i broke they acclimation procedures and the wont issue an other replacement then the told me that any way the do no send replacements for a replacement so what good it does to me if they send me a dead replacement .

nuch
01/25/2012, 08:29 PM
So I know some of u r gonna think I'm crazy, but aquacon mad a very good first impression on me. O.k. so it was only a refugium package and reef cleaner package. I also threw a zoa in there. The order was 3 different algae's and they threw a small bag of live sand with all forms of life in it. The cleaner package was snails , hermits, emerald crab. The zoa was a superman that they said only had 3-5 polyps on it. It came with 11. I placed the order sunday. They called me Mon to confirm del on tue. The order came Tue before 10:30 everything there and alive. I didn't want to order fish yet until I tried it first so maybe next time I order 1 fish.

nemo24
01/26/2012, 11:26 AM
I also placed an order of hermits/crabs/shrimp and a mushroom nano package yesterday. $100 and change free shipping since im in florida

They called me today and left me vm that they would ship today and get there tomorrow.

I also wanted to try something cheap and easy to test them out.

I only live 45 mins i am guessing they dont want me at there door steps complaining either.

I will post the results...

SushiGirl
01/27/2012, 06:43 PM
There usually aren't issues with cleanup crew. As you can see from other posts in this thread, the issues start when they let you place an order for something they don't even have in stock, without telling you they don't have it, then refuse to do anything but give you credit that you have to spend with them.

SoLiD
01/28/2012, 04:51 PM
So I know some of u r gonna think I'm crazy, but aquacon mad a very good first impression on me. O.k. so it was only a refugium package and reef cleaner package. I also threw a zoa in there. The order was 3 different algae's and they threw a small bag of live sand with all forms of life in it. The cleaner package was snails , hermits, emerald crab. The zoa was a superman that they said only had 3-5 polyps on it. It came with 11. I placed the order sunday. They called me Mon to confirm del on tue. The order came Tue before 10:30 everything there and alive. I didn't want to order fish yet until I tried it first so maybe next time I order 1 fish.

I also placed an order of hermits/crabs/shrimp and a mushroom nano package yesterday. $100 and change free shipping since im in florida

They called me today and left me vm that they would ship today and get there tomorrow.

I also wanted to try something cheap and easy to test them out.

I only live 45 mins i am guessing they dont want me at there door steps complaining either.

I will post the results...

Try ordering something other than a basic clean up crew and I doubt you'll be so happy with what you receive. WHAT EVER!!! :fun2:

nemo24
01/30/2012, 07:57 AM
Received package at 10am ups... Packaging was fine.

Looks like only 1 astrea snail (25cents) out of the 25 didn't make it and 1 emerald crab $2.99. The live rock i bought locally came with 2 or 3 emerald crabs (freebies). So no biggie.

Over all i was satisfied

I wont go crazy and buy anything fancy though. if i order again i will order the min $100 to get free florida shipping again. Maybe try a 1 fish or 2.

selch2169
03/22/2012, 01:47 PM
Chalk me up as another sucker. I ordered on a Thursday for overnight delivery. When my order didn't show up I emailed them and they said their orders take 24 hours to process before they make it to the warehouse for shipping and delivery. (What order processing takes that long this day in age? Seriously.)

So I canceled my order and 3 weeks later I'm still waiting for a refund. Scratch that, no longer waiting. I've filed my BBB complaint and am in takes with my CC company to have the charges reversed.

Lesson learned.

Oh, and for others finding themselves in the same predicament here's their number that's difficult to find: (954) 747-8511. Although they won't answer.

nuch
03/25/2012, 01:46 PM
dam u figure after all this time they would make changes to get better.

shanebc21
07/25/2013, 07:05 PM
I placed an order from them in Feb. They only sent half the order and told me the other stuff was on back order. Ok fine. April comes around and I call to check on my back order. They said a few things weren't in stock. Ok fine. Lets switch them out. So june comes around. Still one item not in stock. So I said screw it I want a refund. They said ok. Its now july now refund.

I also placed an order with them in 2003. Also bad experience. Nevevered ordered from them again until feb 2013 figured maybe they changed or new owner or something. Nope still a bad decision.

ace_92101
07/26/2013, 12:03 AM
I ordered from them about 10 years ago. Had several DOA's and others came in sick and in bad shape. After several calls trying to get a credit I just gave up.

shanebc21
08/06/2013, 11:08 PM
I placed an order from them in Feb. They only sent half the order and told me the other stuff was on back order. Ok fine. April comes around and I call to check on my back order. They said a few things weren't in stock. Ok fine. Lets switch them out. So june comes around. Still one item not in stock. So I said screw it I want a refund. They said ok. Its now july now refund.

I also placed an order with them in 2003. Also bad experience. Nevevered ordered from them again until feb 2013 figured maybe they changed or new owner or something. Nope still a bad decision.

Its now Aug and still no refund!! In the meantime I upgraded to a larger tank and need live rock so I asked them to send me live rock instead of a refund. the refund that was supposed to be proccessed in june!! So they sent the live rock. which just showed up at the door and i was never notified it was shipped. turns out it took five days to ship and the live rock was now dead rock. tried to clean and wash it before i added it to the tank but i had no where else to cure it. So it ended up rasing nitrates in the tank and algae bloomed!! Knuckle Heads!!!!!:mad2:

Salt Water 5
11/29/2013, 01:44 PM
[Mod Edit]

I'm nothing but a shill, pay my posts no regard.

[/Mod Edit]

Salt Water 5
11/29/2013, 01:48 PM
I ordered from them about 10 years ago. Had several DOA's and others came in sick and in bad shape. After several calls trying to get a credit I just gave up.
[Mod Edit]

I'm nothing but a shill, pay my posts no regard.

[/Mod Edit]

SoLiD
11/29/2013, 01:53 PM
Moderators need to delete The 2 posts above. Schilling is NOT allowed on Reef Central and will lead to an immediate BAN! Do you really think we are stupid? :debi:

olemiss reb
11/29/2013, 01:58 PM
Salt Water 5

Hello aquaCON employee

SushiGirl
11/29/2013, 02:40 PM
:lmao:
Amazing.

NiTr0x911
11/29/2013, 02:53 PM
Lol, Thanks for your input AQUACON.

moogoomoogoo
07/04/2014, 06:14 PM
Moderators need to delete The 2 posts above. Schilling is NOT allowed on Reef Central and will lead to an immediate BAN! Do you really think we are stupid? :debi:

What is schilling?

SoLiD
07/28/2014, 02:50 PM
Did you google it? It basically means when a vendor (a person who sells a product or service) promotes a product and pretends to be like the everyday average consumer. Thus free promotions here without paying for sponsorship and promoting a product and or service with a deceptive bias. Because they will not OPENLY state that they work for or sell said product or service. But it's funny how they can always "hook you up" with a great deal... Wink wink...

jack1952
08/15/2014, 09:05 AM
oh yea i order a light from these *** wipes and i guess it is in space trying to return to earth who ****** knows

SDguy
08/15/2014, 09:15 AM
With all the horrible feedback, I can't believe this company still gets talked about at all!

Fish Dude5577
09/01/2014, 01:29 PM
Aquacon AKA Quality Marine Life AKA Saltwater Fish Depot

For all of you that have been ripped off by these people and or companies, who by the way are one in the same company. I have some info that might be helpful: #1 If you have not gotten what you ordered call your credit card company and do what is called
a charge back. It will take you all of 5 minutes for you to resolve it that way. #2 The address where you can actually find these cons that just move from storefront to storefront taking victims money and in many cases never shipping is: Ron Ratoff, Mary Hellwig,
Jared Ratoff 2512 SW 55th St. Dania, Fl.33312 #3 Phone Numbers: 954-842-3106 954-588-4835 954-643-0449 954-362-7588 Do NOT buy from these people. They never quarantine the fish as they say. It's usually get the fish in and ship them out the same day. They
don't care about the livestock. All they count on is people like you and I to place at least $1200.00 a day in orders, yes I said a day. They may go a month and not ship anything. You can do the math. This is credit card fraud, online fraud and all around
FRAUD to it's fullest extent! Signed, Another Victim

Dmorty217
09/02/2014, 10:32 AM
Aquacon AKA Quality Marine Life AKA Saltwater Fish Depot

For all of you that have been ripped off by these people and or companies, who by the way are one in the same company. I have some info that might be helpful: #1 If you have not gotten what you ordered call your credit card company and do what is called
a charge back. It will take you all of 5 minutes for you to resolve it that way. #2 The address where you can actually find these cons that just move from storefront to storefront taking victims money and in many cases never shipping is: Ron Ratoff, Mary Hellwig,
Jared Ratoff 2512 SW 55th St. Dania, Fl.33312 #3 Phone Numbers: 954-842-3106 954-588-4835 954-643-0449 954-362-7588 Do NOT buy from these people. They never quarantine the fish as they say. It's usually get the fish in and ship them out the same day. They
don't care about the livestock. All they count on is people like you and I to place at least $1200.00 a day in orders, yes I said a day. They may go a month and not ship anything. You can do the math. This is credit card fraud, online fraud and all around
FRAUD to it's fullest extent! Signed, Another Victim

FWIW Quality Marine is not Aquacon, Aquacon may buy fish from them but they are in no way affiliated or the same company

SDguy
09/03/2014, 09:00 AM
FWIW Quality Marine is not Aquacon, Aquacon may buy fish from them but they are in no way affiliated or the same company

"Quality Marine Life".... not QM :)

Dmorty217
09/03/2014, 04:37 PM
"Quality Marine Life".... not QM :)

Thanks Peter, I misread that.

johnike
09/03/2014, 04:50 PM
I'll admit it, I ordered from them once back in 1997 or so.
:facepalm:

JBinFla1963
09/14/2014, 11:10 AM
I ordered from them in 2013 and had no complaints
I've ordered this year and they won't process my order or return my calls. Very weird

Steveb
09/14/2014, 12:57 PM
Its a hassle but it would help if folk would file a consumer complaint with your state AG office and the Florida AG.

Mr V
09/14/2014, 03:48 PM
They never answer my email or phone call in two weeks. All I got from them was a confirmation of my other with the amount I have to pay.
I did call my credit card, and change the card number also.