PDA

View Full Version : Articles translation

rsferreira
03/16/2010, 02:42 PM
Randy,

Sorry to use the public forums, but I didn’t find a way to contact you directly.

You have a great collection of reef chemistry articles in the RC archives and we’d like to, upon your authorization, translate them to Portuguese. There are a lot of aquarists here in Brazil that would love to have access to your articles, but they can’t read English.

If you agree with the translation, the process will be done the right way: clear reference to the original articles, clear indication of the author, and any additional comments (for example to convert Fahrenheit to Celsius or to point a brazilian equivalent to Mrs. Wages pickling lime) will be done with proper translator’s notes to distinguish them from the original content.

The translation will be done for free, as will be the access to the translated articles in our public forums, will not be published in any other media and will not be used for profit in any way.

May we proceed? ;) :thumbsup:

Best regards,
Rodrigo

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/17/2010, 08:01 AM
[welcome]

I do not have a problem with them being translated, but the magazines that currently host them may have concerns.

Reefkeeping magazine has a translation site, which does not currently have Portuguese, but they might be happy to host it.

http://www.reefkeeping.com/translations/index.php

My suggestion is checking with the webmaster listed for Reefkeeping and Advanced Aquarist magazines about translations. :)

rsferreira
03/17/2010, 08:17 AM
Thanks, Randy, I'll do that! :)

Randy Holmes-Farley
03/17/2010, 08:50 AM
You're welcome.

Good luck. :)