PDA

View Full Version : Is it dead, alive, or sickly?

LeonPhelps
03/16/2010, 07:02 PM
Guys I have a common florida anemone, and its my first one. It lays over on its side a lot lately. It is also currently "deflated" for lack of a better term I guess. I dont know whats going on with the chemistry in this tank. The guy I bought it off of told me I didnt need to have any sort of filtration, I questioned it, but went with it. Guys I need some help here, so any ideas, I welcome.

LeonPhelps
03/16/2010, 07:10 PM
Here are some pictures, that include the anemone when it was "healthy". Im new at this and have some algae issues. Tell me what you guys think it needs, at this point im up for anything.

http://gallery.me.com/eric.kirby#100093&bgcolor=black&view=grid

tahoe61
03/16/2010, 07:14 PM
What are you using to oxygenate the tank? What type of tank is it? I would question any LFS that said I did not need any filtration, but there is all different kinds of filtration. You do however need to have something to provide oxygen to the tank.

And you do need to know your chemistry, SG as well.

OK looks like an aquapod from the pics, do have any flow devices like koraila? And the anemone looks bleached but not that bad, it kinda looks like a condi anemone.

LeonPhelps
03/16/2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah its a 24 gallon aquapod. I haven't had my bubbler in lately. The bubbler is a little one for a 5 gallon tank, but it seems to make the tank really bubbly looking. I didnt know if lots of tiny bubbles was a good thing or bad thing. The guy at the fish store said I can "choke" fish with putting lots of air into the tank. Its been about a month since I have checked the chemistry. I have test kits for ph, ca, kh/alk, nitrate, nitrite, and alkalinity. I will test the water and let you know my results. If you have any other questions let me know. Im getting frustrated and discouraged with all these little problems, so any help or tips is great. Thanks Tahoe for the help.

LeonPhelps
03/16/2010, 07:48 PM
Also, I see youre a Neil Young fan. I have a ton of old live neil young and crazy horse, and Neil solo. If you want some let me know, it will be my way of repaying you for the assistance. Thanks man.

tahoe61
03/16/2010, 08:25 PM
Always into Neil so cool.

1. Start pump and put air stone back into tank.
2. Go to a different LFS, he has no idea.
3. Turn Neil motorcycle mama up really loud so I can hear it in Arizona.

Gook Luck