PDA

View Full Version : Need another fish for my 29g, any suggestions?

mrhat
03/17/2010, 09:30 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking for another fish for my 29g, currently I have 2 tomato clowns, and a yellow watchman goby with pistol shrimp. The tank's been set up for over year and I've had no problem with this bioload, so I wanted to look at getting maybe one more fish.

Any suggestions for another fish that would get along well with the rest? I've thought about maybe a flameback angel or sixline wrasse. :bounce2:

Sugar Magnolia
03/17/2010, 10:20 AM
The odds of adding another fish and having it live is pretty small. Tomato clowns are one of the most territorial and aggressive clowns. Anything you try to put in there will more than likely be attacked.

mrhat
03/17/2010, 11:10 AM
The odds of adding another fish and having it live is pretty small. Tomato clowns are one of the most territorial and aggressive clowns. Anything you try to put in there will more than likely be attacked.

Mine really aren't too bad, I added my yellow watchman after them, and the female only chased him for a little bit, and then afterwards seemed fine with him.

dockery07
03/17/2010, 12:04 PM
my tomato clown used to bite me

ezcompany
03/17/2010, 12:08 PM
because your watchman is a bottom dweller. you will most likely have problems if you add another mid column dwelling fish

mrhat
03/17/2010, 12:55 PM
because your watchman is a bottom dweller. you will most likely have problems if you add another mid column dwelling fish

Maybe I should opt for an anemone for the clowns instead?

Korrine
03/17/2010, 03:30 PM
I would get rid of the tomato clowns. You'd be able to add a lot more. They'll probably get a good 5" and that's 8" worth of fish chasing around a 30" length tank. Asking for stocking issues down the road, imo. (especially as they fully mature.)