PDA

View Full Version : Quiet one 6000 or Ocean Runner 6500?

lukinrats
03/17/2010, 11:33 AM
I am trying to decide on a return pump for my new 120, and since I have already had the experience of a Mag pump, I figured I would try something new.

Right now, I have it down to the two mentioned (Ocean Runner 6500 vs Quiet one 6000). From all I can read, the Ocean Runner is actually more quiet than the Quiet one. Go figure!!!

The Big question is!!! Is there a big enough difference between these two, so that it justifies the additional $50 to go with the Ocean Runner?

Newreeflady
03/17/2010, 12:38 PM
Whichever one is not the OceanRunner;)

Seriously, get the Eheim (see the Eheim success thread that I just replied to- I mentioned the OR.)

-A

lukinrats
03/17/2010, 01:28 PM
Whichever one is not the OceanRunner;)

Seriously, get the Eheim (see the Eheim success thread that I just replied to- I mentioned the OR.)

-A

Wow! This is a surprise statement. I have read posts by many credible reefers on here, that the ocean runner is quieter, and just as reliable as the Eheim.
My biggest problem with the Eheim pumps is that the largest they make is @ 900 gallons per hour. That is not what I am looking for. I want a pump that will go at least 1300 @ 0 head

chercm
03/17/2010, 03:43 PM
Thumbs up for Ocean runner 6500!

Newreeflady
03/18/2010, 12:35 PM
Wow! This is a surprise statement. I have read posts by many credible reefers on here, that the ocean runner is quieter, and just as reliable as the Eheim.
My biggest problem with the Eheim pumps is that the largest they make is @ 900 gallons per hour. That is not what I am looking for. I want a pump that will go at least 1300 @ 0 head

jme, has restart problems. Take it fwiw. It is not loud, though. I just need something I don't need to pull out and clean every time I want to restart it. The Eheim 1262 fit that bill.

regards,
-A

shaneh
03/18/2010, 12:38 PM
Qiteone has start up issues i have one and need to swith it out as i worry every time the power is out and turns back on and I'm not home.
The OR i have heard are ok for the first year or two but for a long runner go with the eheim...they cost more but you get what you pay for...they are $164.00 at marine depot. I need to order one too let me know if you find a cheaper price.

marc nichols
03/18/2010, 02:05 PM
Quiet one is noisy. I tried two and tossed 'em. Tried them for the cheap $$. Went back to my trusty Ocean Runner which has proven reliable but after a couple years, it needed a new impeller assembly. That's were I had my unfortunate experience with the QO.