PDA

View Full Version : Need some suggestions

blrrobinson21
03/17/2010, 12:13 PM
Right now I have a 5' 100 gal tank with about 100lbs if LR mostly softies for corals and a 55 gallon sump/refugium. Im starting to stock the tank with fishys again and was curious about how many.

Ill be adding a small blue hippo and a clown goby to the DT next week. They have been in QT for 6 weeks. I am also wanting a pair of clowns with a rbta and Im really wanting to try a copperbanded butterfly. Ive done all the reading on them and know what Im getting in to. If I do the copperband he will be the next fish to come. My wife would like a royal gramma and I would like a pair or trio of some sort of wrasse but im afraid thats too many fish. What do you guys think?

Chris27
03/17/2010, 12:16 PM
That stocking list sounds good to me, but I like fish more then coral. Keep up with the husbandry and you'll be just fine.

blrrobinson21
03/17/2010, 07:50 PM
Well, scratch the diamond goby. Even though he had been doing wonderfully for the past 5 weeks in qt I found him dead today. Im not real sure what happened. I had him and a hippo in qt under hypo set at 1.010 for the last 3 weeks. The hippo is doing good, eating like crazy, the water tested 0 for amm. nitrite's and nitrates. Ph is a little low at 8 but I doubt that was the problem.

sidenote: I just noticed that I put "clown goby" in my first post. Its suppose to be dimond goby.