PDA

View Full Version : diamond goby dying!!:(

bigguy101
03/17/2010, 01:14 PM
Hey everyone. i jus got home and saw my diamond goby stuck to my filter because he is lifeless and in the process of dying. I dont know why i just performed a 2 week waterchange on 3/15. He had been doing fine in my tank for 2 months or so. My two marroon goldstripe are acting normal and doing fine. So are my turbos and choc. star. ph 8.2-8.4 salt. is 1.026. Havent tested for ammonia bcause my tank is 1 yr old and have never had a prob. I would feed my tank a mix of mysis/brine a 3 -4 day basis with some pellets in between. Does anyone have an opinion why he is dying? and should i let him die completey before removing him?

bigguy101
03/18/2010, 11:53 AM
he is offically dead.

blrrobinson21
03/18/2010, 12:27 PM
Hate to hear that. I just lost one last night as well. He was in QT and had been there for about 5 weeks doing great. He was eating good and seemed active. All my test came back at 0's with ph at about 8. I dont know what happened either.

cdsheid
03/18/2010, 12:58 PM
When you first set up your tank did you stir the sand? I ask because air can become trapped under the sand and the air bubbles can eventually become toxic. And since their sand sifters they could of released or digested a toxin. Probably not the case but just throwin it out their. If that was it you would probably see a spike in the hole tank. Sorry for the loss. :sad1:

stingythingy45
03/18/2010, 02:13 PM
Sorry to hear this.
But the reason is quite simple.....he starved to death.
Happens all the time.Unless you have a very huge tank with tons of life in the sand bed.....they die.There's something about the fauna and microscopic creatures that are it's natural prey that give the fish the correct nutrients.
Yeah,some have luck and can keep them for a few years,but eventually they all suffer the same fate.

bigguy101
03/19/2010, 06:49 AM
i have read on here that some do die from starvation. I have a 29 fowlr and my sand bed is always siphoned when i do water changes. im guessing he ate all he natural food when i put him in there and i was only feeding mysis and brine every 2-3 days. So my guess is that he began to starve. So i will try another when i make it back to the store BUT i will feed twice aday.

stingythingy45
03/19/2010, 07:15 AM
i have read on here that some do die from starvation. I have a 29 fowlr and my sand bed is always siphoned when i do water changes. im guessing he ate all he natural food when i put him in there and i was only feeding mysis and brine every 2-3 days. So my guess is that he began to starve. So i will try another when i make it back to the store BUT i will feed twice aday.

Just my 2 cents.But,I wouldn't get another one.A 29 gallon is too small in my opinion to keep a diamond goby in for any long period of time.