PDA

View Full Version : pairs of pink Skunks and B&W clowns in 20gal tank

NanoDrummer09
03/17/2010, 08:18 PM
I have 2 pairs of clowns in my 20gal long tank i know some ppl might freak and say its not enough room for them but they look great eating tons and doing the pairing up ritiuals it would be coom if i see them making a egg spot in the future. I also have a cadalina goby a pigmy angel and a cromis(soon to be gone) coexisting greatly!! has anyone else done this?

clowns101
03/17/2010, 08:23 PM
Skunks seem to do fine in groups.They dont have a mean additude.I will say that the tank IMO is over stocked.Im sure someone else has done this.Its not uncommon for them to live in groups like that.

Toddrtrex
03/17/2010, 10:08 PM
Besides your tank being very overstocked, IMO, you are going to run into problems. I have a mated pair of pink skunks, and they are very aggressive. They weren't for the first 2 years that I had them, but once they started spawning all bets were off.

Case in point, I introduced a multicolored dwarf angel to their tank, which also had an existing Potter's angel. I thought I would have had issue with the Potter's, but it didn't care. The pink skunks on the other hand....

ocellaris123
03/17/2010, 10:18 PM
I agree with everyone. Your tank is heavily stocked, especially with two pairs of clownfish residing in it. I dont think you will get any eggs produced with two pairs of clownfish in a twenty gallon tank. You will likely end up with one dead pair in time. Also catalina gobies require cooler waters than what people usually keep their tanks at.

tahoe61
03/17/2010, 10:40 PM
I agree with everyone. Your tank is heavily stocked, especially with two pairs of clownfish residing in it. I dont think you will get any eggs produced with two pairs of clownfish in a twenty gallon tank. You will likely end up with one dead pair in time. Also catalina gobies require cooler waters than what people usually keep their tanks at.
+1 Not a good idea to have two pairs of clowns in a 20 gal. And the Catalina gobies is used to water in the mid 60's to low 70's. If you are going to successfully keep Catalina gobies you need a chiller plain and simple. A species tank is really the way to go with Catalina gobies.

NanoDrummer09
03/18/2010, 07:00 AM
thats what i keep hearing about the goby but i keep my water at 76 and he looks and acts great. And i probably will take out the skunks in time. I like the B&W better

stevetcg
03/18/2010, 07:18 AM
I read a quote once: "Working in the short term does not guarantee long term success". 6 months is short term in aquatics.

Do not be surprised to see your chemistry take a rapid turn for the worse and do not be surprised if one day your B&W were dead.