PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing help

Chago09
03/18/2010, 09:01 PM
ok my current 90 I was going to sell but I am going to keep it as a second tank and set it up in my bedroom at my new house. Although there are a couple of things that drive me to drink about this tank.

Its a standard 90 gallon Perfecto by Marineland tank. It has the corner-flo system which is the predrilled tanks. In the corner there is a overflow and its drilled twice at the bottom. One pipe is a durso style drain. The other is the return. Now th idiots put the anti syphon hole on the return right before the 90 degree bend. So basically all the water comes shooting out the anti syphon hole, making a lot of squirting noise and air bubbles. How these guys sell millions like this I have no idea but I didn't realize that until it was running. So I then blocked the hole with a sponge, but than half of the water coming up is being pushed back down into the overflow and sending it back down the drain. Talk about ineffecient. Plus my mag 18 is toned back because the 1" drain can't handle all the water.

So I propose the following. I would like to change teh bulkheads at the bottom because they use those cheap ones. I would also like to redo all the plumbing. I want to make them both into durso style drain pipes. Any good links on making these? any bulkheads you recomend that would fit? there isn't much room?

Now for the return what are my options? can I drill a different hole? will it leak if its exposed to the water? can I just come over the top of the tank?

Thanks

mike_cmu04
03/18/2010, 09:24 PM
I would not drill another hole it is really risky unless you know what you are doing