PDA

View Full Version : Copper Treatment?

triggerfreak
03/19/2010, 08:25 AM
This is my first time treating a tank with copper.I am using cupramine and a red sea copper test kit.I addd the first dose 24 hours ago and it still reads almost 0.I do have quite a bit of live rock and sand in there.How many doses will i end up doing to get it up to where i need it.Does it usually take more than 1 dose to get the level up to where it needs to be.Thanks!

Jacob Sellers
03/19/2010, 02:06 PM
This is my first time treating a tank with copper.I am using cupramine and a red sea copper test kit.I addd the first dose 24 hours ago and it still reads almost 0.I do have quite a bit of live rock and sand in there.How many doses will i end up doing to get it up to where i need it.Does it usually take more than 1 dose to get the level up to where it needs to be.Thanks!

Are you doing your DT? The LR and substance or anything calicerous for that matter can absorb the copper making it difficult to maintain a desired level.

wgood33
03/19/2010, 05:45 PM
Will the skimmer remove the copper also?

Jacob Sellers
03/19/2010, 07:03 PM
Will the skimmer remove the copper also?

I have not read anything that would suggest that it would.

angelfish7
03/19/2010, 07:48 PM
When treating a tank with meds, one should remove all carbon and turn off skimmers and UV. You will never reach the required level with your skimmer on.