PDA

View Full Version : Need information & help with hanging arm kit (Current)

STEELERFAN747
03/19/2010, 03:15 PM
Hey guys, I was hopeing someone could provide me with information on the Current hanging arm kit. I am currently putting together a new system and was originaly planning on using a canopy but my wife likes the fact that the tank is rimless and prefers I leave the top open.

Now the only other option I have is to use an arm kit to hang my lights and was wondering if anyone has experience with them and can give me some info.

1. How do you like them

2. How strong are they? ( I have bulk heads thru the back so the arms will not align perfectly and will have to be a little closer together so the lines/ cables will be angled outward) Would that be ok?

3. Can the be drilled? Or do they come with various holes? ( I am interested in using powerbrites and would have to come up with some type of connection.

4. If you were to do it all over again would you still use them or find a different way? ( hanging from ceiling is not an option)

Thanks again and look forward to the advice.

minireef30
03/19/2010, 03:31 PM
Why not make your own? There is a thread on here somewhere on how to make one that I followed and it is very easy to make. Electrical conduit from Lowes or Home Depot the bender for it and some brackets to mount to the back of the stand. The Bender is the most expensive part but can be returned after use if you want. Very easy to drill and paint any color you want(mine is black).

STEELERFAN747
03/19/2010, 06:35 PM
Why not make your own? There is a thread on here somewhere on how to make one that I followed and it is very easy to make. Electrical conduit from Lowes or Home Depot the bender for it and some brackets to mount to the back of the stand. The Bender is the most expensive part but can be returned after use if you want. Very easy to drill and paint any color you want(mine is black).

Can you provide me with a picture?