PDA

View Full Version : feeding anemone?

juniorjose
03/19/2010, 08:49 PM
i got an anemone on Monday. im still not quite sure what type it is. but most ppl say on here that its a gbta. u can check pictures of it here: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1815368

i tried feeding it today a piece of prawn soaked in selcon. it took it in, but the mouth was still outside for like an hour. then all of a sudden it pushed it out of its mouth again and i could see the piece of prawn, that took a lil while. now it took it back inside of it and now it has folded against the mouth. it has been at least 3 hours and it still has been eating, is this normal? i thought it only took about 5-10 min at the most.

thanks for the help in advance

Shane Hoffman
03/19/2010, 08:54 PM
It will eat when its ready. dont force or push on the mouth. Also only feed a small piece. Even adult nems wont always eat a wholje piece of krill.

juniorjose
03/19/2010, 08:59 PM
no i didnt shove it in the mouth. it just keeps going back and forth with the food so im condused on whats happening. does it want to eat or not?

Firedog1962
03/19/2010, 09:04 PM
Feed it small pieces and they only need to be fed a couple of times a week. I have 5 in my 90g they keep splitting, I think I feed to often

Goby-Wan Kenobi
03/20/2010, 08:23 PM
Some people don't even feed them at all. So it will eat when its ready, it was just moved so let it settle in.