PDA

View Full Version : True Per....seperated!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ruthie Kay
03/20/2010, 07:18 AM
I have 2 adult Per clowns that have been together for over 6 month hosting a small BTA I recently bought a LTA and now the PC have separated and one lives up stairs (male)...in BTA... and the female lives downstairs in the bigger Long Tentacle A. through out the day they check on one another and even go to the BTA and the LTA ....is this common or should I be worried I would like them to spawn but with them living in separate anommonies this may not happen????

eclown
03/20/2010, 10:47 AM
If they are checking in with eachother and not fighting, I think it''s fine. After all, they are stuck there and one's a male and one's a female. My money is on them making babies. Wouldn't worry about it.

Ruthie Kay
03/20/2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks for your reply....should I move the LTA and the BTA closer to one another.

velvetelvis
03/20/2010, 07:00 PM
I don't think that's a good idea. The anemones may conflict with each other. It's also not recommended to move anemones once they've settled in; they may get ticked off and start wandering, which can cause all kinds of problems.

Don't worry; as pointed out, they're in a confined setting, and with only each other as mates. Sooner or later nature will take its course. If there's one thing I've learned about clownfish, it's that you can't make them do anything they don't want to. :p

Ruthie Kay
03/20/2010, 07:31 PM
Thanks so much......I'll leave then alone........

MarineFlake
03/20/2010, 09:25 PM
I have 5 nems in the tank and 3 clowns (2 perc and 1 black oc). When the additional nem(s) are added, they tend to wander into them. However, they still mate and have faithfully for about a year. I wouldnt sweat it.

Ruthie Kay
03/27/2010, 08:33 PM
want to update how the Per. are doing so far so good. They are still sleeping in their own anemone but during the day they hang out together and check our both anemones.