PDA

View Full Version : Slump size question

puggsli1
03/20/2010, 11:33 AM
Hi guys, what would be a good size slump with refugium for a 40x24x22 tank. The reason I'm asking is to make sure when the stand is built it will fit the slump with out a problem. The opening on the side will be 18" but the front i'm not sure what it will be yet 31", 33", 35",or 37" depending on how long the stand is.

jenjen
03/20/2010, 12:09 PM
The sump gives you somewhere to hide equipment, and allows you to add water volume to the system. You should ensure it's large enough to hold all the equipment you have (I'd recommend measuring your skimmer... mine BARELY fit in my first sump setup). Beyond that, the more water in the system the better, so go as large as you have space for.

Mounda
03/20/2010, 01:13 PM
"SUMP", go as large as possible. Mine is 4 inches smaller in length than my DT, it fits snug underneath it.

puggsli1
03/20/2010, 01:24 PM
The sump gives you somewhere to hide equipment, and allows you to add water volume to the system. You should ensure it's large enough to hold all the equipment you have (I'd recommend measuring your skimmer... mine BARELY fit in my first sump setup). Beyond that, the more water in the system the better, so go as large as you have space for.

Yes i know the sump is a place for equipment :lol:
My question is how many gal should it be? the sump will house a skimmer, refugium and return pump.
I don't want to build the stand and find out it's too small for the sump to fit through the door opening on the stand and be sol

jenjen
03/20/2010, 01:28 PM
Min size - it should fit all your equipment. No max size. Make it as large as you can, but still fitting through the door. Not really any 'rules' beyond that.