PDA

View Full Version : aptasia nuking hurt coral?

vaporlockv2
03/21/2010, 01:31 AM
I have an aptasia that is right next to one of my coral polyps. Now I use pickling lime and ro water to kill the little buggers but I have never had one right in among my coral, is the lime and ro going to kill my coral if a little gets on it from when I nail the little sob?

Jeff
03/21/2010, 06:44 AM
I'm not sure what is worse, the aptasia sting or kalk burn. Both can hurt or kill corals. Perhaps the best thing to do is remove the rock that the aptasia is on and see if you can kalk it carefully and then place it back in the tank.

scapes
03/21/2010, 11:13 AM
sorry to hijack....but WOW jeff, you hit 10,000 with this last post!

iamwrasseman
03/21/2010, 07:36 PM
if you can remove the rock and use a paper towel to "grip" the aptasia and tear it off the rock . when i say grip i mean just to put it between your fingers and the aptasia then the towel will let you grip the slimy aptasia much easier . if not be careful with the mixture because it will kill corals also you may be able it invert the rock so the aptasia will hang lower than the polyps and then you can hit it with your mixture and what misses will fall down away from the coral that you don't want to harm