PDA

View Full Version : sebae anemone wont eat....?

mborkush
03/21/2010, 09:15 AM
I am new to the sebae anemone. I have successfully kept bubble tip and carpet anemones. For some reason my new sebae wont eat. I have had him for 8 days now. I know he's still getting settled in but dot want to be in disaster recovery mode in another week. He Looks good, color and size-defiantly a healthy anemone. I have attempted small pieces of silver sides, krill and fresh shrimp. The food does not "stick" and just floats away. I was wondering if anyone else has run into this before? Should I supplement with anything else for the time being? All water parameters are where they should be. There is a 10" carpet in the same system that is doing wonderful and eats like a horse.
Thank you for the help,

t4zalews
03/21/2010, 11:24 AM
is that clarkii hosting it? If so..that could be your problem..fish too big for anemone. I let mine fully settle in before I introduces the clownfish to mine. From my experience with this anemone...you're not in the clear until the tentacles fully extend.

clowns101
03/21/2010, 02:02 PM
Is the anemone sticky when YOU touch it?

What are the water parameters?

What type of lighting do you have?

Does the clownfish host the anemone?

How far away is the Carpet anemone from the "Sebae" anemone?

Could you get a picture of his oral disk?

Thanks!

mborkush
03/21/2010, 03:17 PM
The clarkii is not hosting, he gets close once in a while, so lets just say they havnt offically meet yet. :lol2:

As for water, Just finished testing:
KH=14
Amm=0
N3=0
N2=0
MG=1160
Iodide=0.03
PO4=0.2
Ca=480

Its not a water issue. Every thing else in the tank is fine. The carpet is about 30" diagnal from it.

Good light, 4 x 96W Attinics, 3 x 250 Halides
Pleanty of indirect water flow drom Tunze heads. Its not getting a direct hit from them, nice current. It stikes me as odd. This has never happened to me before.
Ohh yes, he does stick to me when I touch it.

mborkush
03/21/2010, 03:18 PM
Ohh, pH=8.08 (pinpoint meter)

clowns101
03/21/2010, 03:38 PM
If he stickt to you when you touch it hes fine.Give him time.I think he will be eating soon.Plus some people dont even feed their anemones but once a month or so.I think he will be just fine!

I feed my bubbles once a week to induce spliting but any other anemones get fed ever other week.I do it to keep me busy!

mborkush
03/21/2010, 04:23 PM
Thank you for the feedback, I feel better. :lol2: I'll give him some time. Of course, now the clown has discovered it. :spin1: