PDA

View Full Version : loriculus not eating, have seen scratching

apaņero
03/21/2010, 11:26 AM
Hi. I bough a loriculus last week. It was fine at shop, eating frozen food, active and colorful, picking everything. I acclimated it well and the next day it was good, eating well and picking rocks in my reef. But thwo days later, it started to hide in the rocks without eating/picking anything. It doesn´t try to eat or pick anything althoug it seems to go out the caves/rocks when I feed. I have seen it scratching its left side (just near it´s mouth) with a rock, but not many times. It has no other external signs of disease.

At this point, I know my mistake of not to have quarantined it. But now it has no solution. I need to try to help the fish now. The problem is that I can´t catch it. My reef has a lot of rock and it´s impossible to catch it. I´m trying to have the temperature below 25 ºC and to offer him a variety of food. Also, yesterday I did a 5gal change (my system is about 50gal).

So, first of all, what do you think that the fish could have? And what´s the treatment for that? Maby in two weeks I could catch it and put it into a hospital tank because I´m moving my current habitants to a new aquarium. But maby two weeks it´s too much time and I need to do things from now (4 days without eating). Please give me an advice to try to help this beautiful fish.

Thanks very much for your time.

jjk_reef00
03/21/2010, 11:32 PM
4 days is a long time... I'd do whatever you can to get the fish out of your system and into qt
Disease is very hard to diagnose, it would help if you could post pictures.

apaņero
03/22/2010, 01:17 AM
There is no exernal sign of disease and I canīt get it out of my reef unless I get most of the rock/corals out of the tank, so itīs impossible at this time (there is a lot of rock). Maby in one or two weeks that iīm going to move to a bigger tank but not now.