PDA

View Full Version : Clownfish acting crazy!Help

tanan
03/21/2010, 12:42 PM
My newest maldives clownfish is all acting crazy.I just bought her yesterday she was all happy and I drip acclimated it.The LFS had imported it and I got it when it was still in its breeder packing(just arrived).She is hiding for till now.The tank has been cycled with LR and raw shrimp.Did a 20 % WC today.And when I started my lights after 12 hrs.She is suddenly all hyper and trying to jump out of the tank.She is the only fish.
Tank is 20 G with lots of LR and caves.
PLz help.

JMcAz7
03/21/2010, 01:05 PM
What do your NH3/NO2/NO3 look like?

tanan
03/21/2010, 01:10 PM
NO3=0
Nitrite=0
Nitrate=10ppm
lightening is 40 W CFL.
She has calm down now.just hiding in its usual spot.
I guess it was lightening shock.
Are SW fishes all act like that ?
I have been in FW for eight years.and not a single of my FWs have done something like that.

WaffleWalffle22
03/21/2010, 01:57 PM
When you add new clownfish, it is typical for them all to go crazy - swimming up and down in the corners and darting around. They calm down in a few days when they realize they can't get out. Clownfish that have been in a tank for a while don't do this as much, but they still might. Tank raised are always better, but sometimes, if you fall in love with a perfect wild pair of clownfish, like I did, you just HAVE to buy them. Then you give them love, and raise them well, and they turn around and rip your arm up. Every time I stick my hand in the tank I get bloody wounds in a few places on my arms... but they're worth it!

clowns101
03/21/2010, 02:06 PM
Sounds like she(he?) is still acclimating to your tank.I think you should give her time and mabey feed she(he?) a little bit.

tanan
03/21/2010, 03:19 PM
Oh Thx a ton waffle.You really saved me from a lot of headache.I think u r really an awesome person for telling me that.Thx a lot again.
Did clownfishes eat copepods ?
Because I think she had devour my whole pod population in a day.

tanan
03/21/2010, 03:25 PM
OK
She was stuck on a cave I dont know how.She darting in my interconnected caves much much smaller then that and never got stuck and now she was stuck in this place.I made sure that she wont stuck there now.But what else to do.
She kind of had a small pin point red dot just down his eye.And I m scared.

JMcAz7
03/21/2010, 03:31 PM
I think the best course of action would be to kill the lights and cover the tank, and hope she calms down. Having no other ideas, I'm guessing she's a little stressed out because of everything and might just need some night time to relax.

tanan
03/21/2010, 06:52 PM
She is now laying low,stucking on everything.I m feeling so depressed.
I did turned off the lights.No movement in the room.Haven't covered the tank.Wanna keep an eye on her.

tanan
03/21/2010, 09:30 PM
She is out and acting perfectly herself now.
Thx a lot everyone for help.