PDA

View Full Version : Naso Tang Food

captainzoom
03/21/2010, 02:41 PM
Having difficulty getting new Naso Tang (1 weeK) to eat aggressively. Have heard of feed Romaine or Nori. What have you used that has been successful?

Recty
03/21/2010, 02:45 PM
Nori is what all my tangs loved.

Sometimes I've had to rubberband it to small pieces of live rock and then drop it into the tank so it sits on the bottom. Eventually they will start eating it out of the water or on an algae clip.

If other fish in the tank are stressing him you'll have a harder time getting him to eat.

captainzoom
03/21/2010, 02:49 PM
thanks for responding. I don't think other fish are stressing him. He will readily accpet spirulina flake, but is just not eating as I would like him to.

TampaReefer79
03/21/2010, 03:28 PM
Try soaking nori in garlic. Did you QT him? What size tank is he in and what else is in the tank with him?

ntropics
03/21/2010, 06:30 PM
Gracilaria parvispora available from indo pacific farms as "Tang Heaven Red" is LOVED by my Naso. He chomps at it as soon as it goes into the tank. Garlic couldn't hurt either.

Bruce

luckyk0505
03/21/2010, 10:21 PM
When I first got my naso, he didnt eat for 10 days, than he start eating black worms

and nori. now he eats anything I throw in the tank, any kind of pellets, flakes. Don't just

give him what he likes, you have to starve him sometime order for him to accept

prepared food.