PDA

View Full Version : skimmer upgrade

lastduke
03/22/2010, 11:50 AM
using the Tunze 9002 not very impressive, only the junk on the side of the tube, never reached the collection box, if i adjust the foam higher, only clear water pulled out. even, i tried to fine tune it, i still can not get the dark skimmate.

thinking to change another one,
Euro-reef nano ? or MCE 300 or MCE 600.
I know MCE 600 is good but expnesive, any comparision between MCE600/300 and Euro-Reef Nano skimmer?

mr9iron
03/26/2010, 12:35 PM
using the Tunze 9002 not very impressive, only the junk on the side of the tube, never reached the collection box, if i adjust the foam higher, only clear water pulled out. even, i tried to fine tune it, i still can not get the dark skimmate.

thinking to change another one,
Euro-reef nano ? or MCE 300 or MCE 600.
I know MCE 600 is good but expnesive, any comparision between MCE600/300 and Euro-Reef Nano skimmer?

The Deltecs get really good reviews but they are a bit pricey. I recently purchased a Warner Marine H1 v2 and like it this far. I have a light bio load right now but it skims some light to dark tea thus far.

lastduke
03/26/2010, 02:21 PM
same thing here, I bought a Euro-reef nano skimmer to give a try.

inTankLLC
03/26/2010, 02:38 PM
Something is either wrong with your tunze or you are not using it properly.

lastduke
03/26/2010, 02:51 PM
I bought it used online, it works like that from day 1. I don't want to buy a new one again. from the technical data, EuroReef Nano does pull more the air flow than Tunze 9002. Hopefully, it works better.
I did a lot of research on line to fine tune the tunze, but have to tune it again after the restarts. Even when the foam was correct, the skimmate was colorless, only got dark after I change my actived carbon......