PDA

View Full Version : Compatability

JTL
03/22/2010, 06:02 PM
I have a pair of A. Ocellaris that I need to relocate for a few weeks. Do you think it would be a bad idea to put them in my 100g DT with a pair of very small B&W clowns? I could also put them in my refuge which is like 15g.

Jason, if you see this what do you think, the B&W's were your babies.

JTL
03/23/2010, 05:27 AM
No opinions?

cdsheid
03/23/2010, 07:36 AM
They would survive in the refuge. Many people will tell you that having more than two in a tank would be a bad idea but in a 100 gal you should be ok. I would suggest getting one of those clear cricket boxes and put the pair in their for a while and submerge it in the 100 gal and see how the fish react to each other first. Just depends on how teritorial the fish in the tank are.

JTL
03/23/2010, 07:53 AM
They would survive in the refuge. Many people will tell you that having more than two in a tank would be a bad idea but in a 100 gal you should be ok. I would suggest getting one of those clear cricket boxes and put the pair in their for a while and submerge it in the 100 gal and see how the fish react to each other first. Just depends on how teritorial the fish in the tank are.

I may put them in the tank and see how it goes. The B&W are very small and pretty new. If they fight I can put them in the fuge. This is just a temporary thing while I use my 35g for a QT for my new arrivals.

Toddrtrex
03/23/2010, 08:59 AM
One thing to remember, it might not be easy to get them out of the 100 gallon tank, so putting them in the fuge could make your life a lot easier.

JTL
03/23/2010, 09:25 AM
Actually, I have found the clowns to be relatively easy to catch because they don't get in the rocks. Not so with he other fish, but thanks for the reponse.

Toddrtrex
03/23/2010, 09:27 AM
Actually, I have found the clowns to be relatively easy to catch because they don't get in the rocks. Not so with he other fish, but thanks for the reponse.

Tell that to my clowns. ;)

Mine have been just as hard as any fish. They will either hid in the rocks, or in their Haddoni --- which is sticky as velcro.