PDA

View Full Version : Cupramine Testing

stump1998
03/23/2010, 12:57 PM
I am a little confused about testing Cupramine. The test kit says to check after 30 seconds. Does this mean the color should already be changing? The reason I am asking is mine shows that there is not enough at 30 seconds but after a couple minutes it is right. Then after about 5 minutes it is overdosed. Does this mean I have too much or not enough? Does it always turn darker the longer you wait?

Recty
03/23/2010, 03:59 PM
I am a little confused about testing Cupramine. The test kit says to check after 30 seconds. Does this mean the color should already be changing? The reason I am asking is mine shows that there is not enough at 30 seconds but after a couple minutes it is right. Then after about 5 minutes it is overdosed. Does this mean I have too much or not enough? Does it always turn darker the longer you wait?
Yes, at 30 seconds when you read it, that is what the level is. It will continue to get darker and darker. There will come a point when it levels off, but that reading isnt accurate.

Read it right at 20-30 seconds and you'll know what your copper level is.

stump1998
03/23/2010, 05:35 PM
Yes, at 30 seconds when you read it, that is what the level is. It will continue to get darker and darker. There will come a point when it levels off, but that reading isnt accurate.

Read it right at 20-30 seconds and you'll know what your copper level is.

Thanks a lot!!!