PDA

View Full Version : Anyone paired the maroon clowns?

Sinful Aquatics
03/23/2010, 05:45 PM
I was wondering if anyone successful paired the gold stripe maroon clowns. Thanks

clowns101
03/23/2010, 05:59 PM
Yes I have.May I ask why you aksed?

Sinful Aquatics
03/23/2010, 06:14 PM
Cause I'm getting a free maroon and I'm giving him to a friend who has a maroon already and I am just making sure that this is possible. Thanks

Ron Popeil
03/23/2010, 06:46 PM
the only time it will for sure work is when you add a tiny/small maroon (1" to 2") to your existing larger clown. the closer the clowns are in size the smaller your chances of success will be.

Sinful Aquatics
03/23/2010, 06:56 PM
I don't know the size of the other clown so what I was planning on doing was to temperature acclimate inside the tank and if I see any any of the clowns wanting to hurt the other then I will not put him in.
I just wanted to make sure someone paired these clowns before I did it cause I do not know many people who have done this. Thanks!

tufacody
03/23/2010, 08:44 PM
I think many people have. I paired mine by making sure I added a juvenile to the female's tank. She beat the crap out of him for a few weeks, but it is a 180 so he was able to escape with just some frayed fins. Then one day, boom, lovey-dovey in the bta.

In smaller tanks many people recommend keeping the male visible but segregated for a while. Just be aware that not all males survive the process.

Sinful Aquatics
03/24/2010, 03:24 PM
Yea the other clown was tearing up the new one so I took him out and giving it to another reefer thanks for all of the advice

FooshieGuy88
03/24/2010, 09:00 PM
I bought two maroon clowns, each was about 1". They cycled my first 75gal reef tank...and after a few weeks of combat, they were inseparable. I upgraded to a 90 gal and despite the major changes they still stuck together, defending their anemone : ) although Tink (the female) still reminds Moe (the male) that she is in control haha.