PDA

View Full Version : Beckett Recirc and Blueline 55 HD

sailfintang
03/24/2010, 08:03 AM
I finally got a good deal on a pressure pump so now i can see my skimmer in its full potential. I read the MRC thread and got a lot of good input but no replies to my new posts so now I am here.

I recently modded my standard beckett into a recirc model since i could not get the external pump connected to my skimmer. I am wondering if the Blueline 55 may be to strong to recirc one beckett injector.

I am still tweaking the flows and air ratios currently but am thinking about adding a second injector to have more air and run the pump fully open.

Just wondering from other running recircs what input they have.

HighlandReef
03/24/2010, 09:40 AM
I had the mrc mr2r and was a great skimmer. I am trying to remember if I has the BL 40 or 55 but. I did have 2 injectors I would get a second injector for that pump unless your body is too small for that much air draw. Not sure what skimmer size you have

davidtsx
03/24/2010, 10:25 AM
I have the MRC MR-2 with the 55 and LOVE IT. For their MR2-R the recommend a 55 and a mag5 for a feed pump.

sailfintang
03/24/2010, 11:02 AM
Running the mag 5 feed. Only have one injector though. My is equivelent to the MR 2 but self built.

6" OD riser that is 12" ling to a 4" OD 9" long riser.

My mixing box is huge so it can handle the recirc pump.

I also run a dual bubble plate to help with the turbulence etc. I will get some pics up later for review.