PDA

View Full Version : Clown not venturing out?

t5Nitro
03/24/2010, 09:33 PM
My female clown comes out a short ways and eats when food passes by like normal. The male clown recently and I haven't really even payed much attention on how long, but he stays tight to the anemone and doesn't come out when food floats past. He seems to not want to leave the area where the anemone is.

The rock is in a position where I can't tell if there are eggs where he is but would this cause this? Usually both would come out and eat then go back and repeat as the food comes. I can physically see him swimming around there and looks fine. Just sticks pretty tight near the anemone recently. I just don't know if he's getting any food to eat lately.

MrMarth
03/25/2010, 10:45 AM
Is there anyway that you can target feed him? Or get the food closer than usual at least.

jrlim
03/25/2010, 12:28 PM
My clowns eat everything I put in the tank. If your clown is hungry, it will venture out the eat. No worries.

Does your clown look sick?

t5Nitro
03/26/2010, 04:16 PM
I can just barely see him under the rock the anemone is on. He and the female clown stay very close to each other. It's in a hard spot for me to get a look at what's going on but he looks to be fine. As of last night, PE mysis targeted directly near where they both are. The female clown comes to take the shrimp floating past but I didn't see the male out.

Almost seems like they just stick to the rock (both of them). They sit under the anemone near the base of it and sideways tight to the rock the anemone is on.