PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice regarding my True Precs

rick4him
03/25/2010, 11:24 AM
Here is the story. I had a pair of false precs that I had for over a year that lived in a 25 gallon by themselfs this entire year. About 3 weeks ok I upgraded my tank to a 35 gallon and moved the precs to the new tank, and also added 6-line wrasse, and a watchman goby. Everything seemed fine. A week later I added a purple firefish, and a tailspot blenny. My tank stats were good, fish seemed fine, but all of a sudden one of the precs started becoming agressive against the other clown. (and also to the watchman goby - I saw the agressive clown nipping on the gobys fin one day.)

I haven't seen the watchman goby for about 2 weeks now, and the firefish is almost also hidden.

The more agressive clown fish started chasing the other clown all the time, all around the tank. The smaller clown would hide, and the agressive clown would find it, and chase it over and over again.

I came home yesterday and found the smaller clown fish on the floor - dead. I had did a water change that day, and forget to cover one little spot on the back of the tank, and that clown found that one little spot and jumped out. (It was sad, since I had this guy for almost a year.)

I also have a 25 gallon tank with 2 VERY SMALL true clowns, and a Tail Spot Blenny.

I wanted to see if I could take the single, agressive clown out of the 35 gallon (which is also my display tank) and put him in the 25 gallon, and then put the pair of small clown in my 35 gallon tank?

The issue I'm really concerned about is would the other fish i the 35 gallon harm the smaller clowns since they are so small, and they would be new to the tank? I would really like to have this nice, small pair in my 35 gallon tank, but I don't want them to be fish food for the other fish in the tank.

Thoughts?

Sugar Magnolia
03/25/2010, 11:31 AM
I don't see where there would be an issue. When you change a clown's territory, the aggression will usually dissapte until they settle in. I doubt it will bother the tailspot blenny at all. Just look for aggression in the future.

rick4him
03/25/2010, 11:33 AM
I don't see where there would be an issue. When you change a clown's territory, the aggression will usually dissapte until they settle in. I doubt it will bother the tailspot blenny at all. Just look for aggression in the future.

I'm mainly thinking about the 2 small fish. Do you think the 6-line, or firefish will harm with the clowns?

also do you think the reason my firefish, and Goby have been hiding so much was becuase of my agressive clown fish?

footballdude2k3
03/25/2010, 11:34 AM
i do not think it would be an issue and i would suggest doing it sooner rather than later.

jrlim
03/25/2010, 11:52 AM
Usually you would want to add the 6-line last into your tank but it doesn't look like your 6-line is aggressive towards other tankmates.

6 fish in a 35 gallon tank might be too much but some folks have make it work before. Just be on the look out on your clown.

rick4him
03/25/2010, 12:18 PM
Usually you would want to add the 6-line last into your tank but it doesn't look like your 6-line is aggressive towards other tankmates.

6 fish in a 35 gallon tank might be too much but some folks have make it work before. Just be on the look out on your clown.

Be on the lookout for my clown? You mean the small pair of clowns I'm adding?

The single clown (the agressive one) that is in the 35 gallon now would be moved into the 25 gallon.

Also from what I read having a pair of clowns, a firefish, a wrasse, a blenny and watchman goby is a good combo for a tank my size. That shouldn't be to many fish.