PDA

View Full Version : Clown Fish acting really strange

1stMarDiv
03/25/2010, 03:30 PM
Looked at my 5 year old clown fish today and he was all over the tank doing weird spiral rolls and being upside down a lot. This happed a couple weeks ago and then he all of a sudden seemed fine. Today was a lot faster movement and he appeared to have some white spots on his one side. I cought him in a net and suspended the net for a while with him in it. I then thought I should remove him from the tank, so I filled a small container with tank water and moved him to it. He seemed to calm down a lot but still appeared to have trouble staying upright, moving on his side and acting like he was ready to check out. I think most of the white spots got rubbed off him while he was trapped in the net, because the seemed to disappear. We decided to chance putting him back in the tank and he immediateluy started going nutty again. He then made his way back to the annenome he hangs at and now seems to have calmed down, but is still acting a little less than swimming upright. We do have another clown fish that mates with it once in a while, but in the 5 years we had this clown, he never acted so strange?? Any thoughts here? Sickness, mating????