PDA

View Full Version : Control Unit keeps going blank

coffeenut
03/26/2010, 01:47 PM
And I can wake it up with out unplugging it, and plugging it back in..
And while its blank, it doesnt do ANYTHING....
came home after a week out of town, and it hadn't been adding CO2 to my CA reactor (PH in reactor was 7.87) the cooling fans weren't running so my tank was 3 degrees over where it was supposed to be. W T F ... ???
i restarted it last night, and today it was "Sleep of death" .. i just restarted it and it came back to life... any ideas why this would be happening?
The screen mode is set to "ALWAYS ON"

I do have 2 extra controllers, but i really dont want to have to put one in play, and send one in... it took 3 months the last time i sent in a piece for repair.. not to mention like $75 or something like that for shipping.

Volcano1
03/27/2010, 10:11 AM
Had one do same thing a while back, some stuff can be fixed via support, some alas, need to be sent in.I eventually sent it in and had it replaced. Been good since. Did get the newer model to replace it,Black, but haven't put that one on line yet.

purebullet417
03/28/2010, 08:26 PM
i gave up on aquatronica got the apex instead to many problems

nemo's janitor
03/30/2010, 06:34 PM
Two things you might want to try.

1 Change the rechargeable battery.

2 Check the connections on the cable plug from and to the PU and controller. Some get a little green with the salt humidity and play up a little. A squirt with a contact cleaner or Q20 helps.

coffeenut
03/30/2010, 07:01 PM
If the apex only had the sweet Dosing pumps i have on AQ i might be interested.. aside from the $5000 + i have invested in the AQ

Bebo77
04/02/2010, 12:21 PM
i gave up on aquatronica got the apex instead to many problems

i will be next... gone through 5 units and the last one went out also...:sad2:

RobbyG
04/06/2010, 04:54 PM
I only had to change my orginal unit once when it had the "freeze" problem. My current controller has been working non stop for 2.5 years, so I cant complain.

Have you guys had problems with the new style controller, I have yet to read of anybody saying the new style controller has given them any problems.

coffeenut
04/07/2010, 10:18 AM
600 Ft From the Reef" which reef?