PDA

View Full Version : Deltec Mce600 Questions

bugattilambo
03/27/2010, 02:10 AM
Hi mates am currently using a Deltec mec600 skimmer
however I have encountered a problem I am unable to get a good skim out of it
my air valve is almost closed fully with the collection cup at approx 4 fingers from the skimmer.
After 3 days of running the skimmate is only at a quarter mark in the cup
thanks for the inputs;)

sportzfish
03/27/2010, 05:31 AM
I think the air valve should only be completely closed if you are trying to start the suction. You will need to adjust the air valve in order to get the right amount of bubbles.

03LightningSVT
03/27/2010, 05:42 AM
If I remember the manufacturers instructions correctly, the air valve should be set about 1 or 2 o'clock...not almost closed. With this skimmer, a consistent water level is also crucial to consistent skimmer performance. Also, keep the cup clean:)

bugattilambo
03/27/2010, 07:20 AM
Thanks for the inputs guys my water level is currently just above the strainer of the skimmer. 1 to 2 o'clock is making my bubbles very fine and not being able to skim out properly not sure if its something wrong but whenever I put my hands into the main to do something the bubbles in the skimmer breaks and the form will have to start again before there is form in the collection cup.
Thanks mates

Shayn
03/31/2010, 09:21 PM
if your water level is just above the actul strainer on the intake side then IMO u need to raise the water level some as mine is 6-7 inches above the top of the strainer and im skimming dry so 8 -9 fingers between the body of skimmer and top of collection cup im haveing to clean a full cup every 12 hours, but remember if theres not a big bioload then yours want skims as much as another with a bigger bioload.