PDA

View Full Version : Osmolator pump problem :(

Chipie
03/27/2010, 08:02 AM
Hi,
I have an Osmolator 5017 and I'm not sure if it's the pump failing or the controller itself. When the controller says the level is too low,it lights the yellow light and starts the pump but for the last 3 days, i find it with the red light on and my water level low. I tried resetting and the pump won't start. Tried it a few time and the pump started once but only pumped a few onces and stopped again. Tried it again but pump won't work.How can i tell if it's the controller or the pump. I'd hate buying a pump and finding out it's the controller the proble. It's pumping RO/DI water and the cable are just like new. No corosion. Help!

Chipie
03/28/2010, 12:14 PM
I installed another 12v pump and it does the same thing :( Starts pumping for a while and then stops before the right water level is restored with the yellow light still on on the controller. Then i get the red light(normal). What could it be?

rvitko
03/29/2010, 09:18 AM
How old is the controller and what was the other 12V pump you used? This is important because about 18 months ago we switched from an 800mA limit to the pump to a 1200mA limit. If the other 12V pump draws more than this limit it will be shut off, it could be either the pump or controller.

Chipie
03/30/2010, 12:02 PM
It must be more than 18 months old since i bought it about 18 months ago and it was used. The other pump i tried the controller with is from another top of system. It looks a bit like the tunze one but i have no idea how much it draws. The controller does the same thing with both pumps(Tunze and other 12v pump).

rvitko
03/30/2010, 01:44 PM
I would guess it is either the pump or PTC in the controller, did you buy it from a US dealer or a dealer in Canada. Canada has a separate distribution network and you would need to contact Xenia for repair if it was purchased in Canada.

Chipie
03/30/2010, 02:33 PM
I bought it used but from someone in Canada so it was probably bought in Canada. Who is Xenia? Is that a username from someone here?
Thanks for helping.

rvitko
03/30/2010, 03:36 PM
Xenia is the distributor for Canada-

http://www.xeniainc.com/

Chipie
03/30/2010, 03:46 PM
Thank you so much for the help. I'll contact Xenia about this.