PDA

View Full Version : S. haddoni not attaching

falcondob
03/27/2010, 12:35 PM
I know this violates the 1 month rule for posting a picture, but I need some advice.

I have had my Diver's Den haddoni for about two weeks now (great service, packing, etc..). It has done well so far. It keeps it mouth closed tight most if the time. It expands during the light period and seems to just settle after the lights go off. It is eating and expelling waste regularly.

The only thing it is not doing is attaching. It was attached to a rock at the rock/sand boundry from the day I put it in until yesterday afternoon. Now it has detached and is just lying on the sand. I tried digging a hole for it and putting it in there and it let me know that it did not like that.

What should I do? Just let it find its own way or force the issue somehow?

Attach is a picture of it yesterday and one of the foot as it is right now.

Thanks in advance.

Moos3
03/27/2010, 05:06 PM
Try and get a close up on it's foot, take a peek and see if there is any damage to it. From my understanding, they will go where they want and are most comfortable, you can try and be the guiding light, but too much interaction may stress it out. (I've read they're very "sensitive" creatures. :()

Unless it's terrorizing other inhabitants of the tank, my vote would be to let it go.

falcondob
03/27/2010, 06:09 PM
The foot appears to be undamaged. I guess I will just let it do its own thing. Unless someone has a better idea.

slk55r
03/27/2010, 10:53 PM
I have mp40s running and I had it on lagoon mode. My haddoni didn't seem to like that and kept moving around. I then switch to a consistent flow and he has picked a spot and settled in.

unbreakable
03/27/2010, 10:54 PM
I have mp40s running and I had it on lagoon mode. My haddoni didn't seem to like that and kept moving around. I then switch to a consistent flow and he has picked a spot and settled in.

what mode did you try

falcondob
03/29/2010, 04:31 AM
I just have one Koralia 3 and the return lines for flow. They are all continuous flow. The nem is still just laying on the substrate on its side. The foot is exposed and laying there also.

There does not appear to be any damage to the foot.

It is really making no moves. It seems fairly content. So (for now) I am just going to leave it alone.

I just thought it would be more intent on attaching to something.

I don't want to add any clownfish until it finds a resting spot.

COreefer
03/29/2010, 09:59 AM
Just give it time...if it is healthy it will attach. What kind of lighting are you using? Are you acclimating the anemone to your lights?

slk55r
03/29/2010, 10:08 AM
what mode did you try

Just switch to constant green.