PDA

View Full Version : New Clownfish Introduction Behavior Question

JMcAz7
03/28/2010, 12:31 PM
So last week I added a Percula to my 24G nano that already had an Ocellaris in it. The ocellaris has been extremely agressive towards it, and I was getting ready to move the perc into another tank.

A few weeks ago, I added a Sebae anemone, and the ocellaris wanted nothing to do with it. I woke up this morning and the Perc has taken home in the Sebae but the Ocellaris is MIA. I doubt it's in the Nem, as it's not really swollen up at the moment. Is it out of the ordinary to assume the Ocellaris is hiding/pouting?

WDLV
03/28/2010, 08:12 PM
Is it out of the ordinary to assume the Ocellaris is hiding/pouting?
No but I'd be more prone to look around on the floor for fish jerkey or in the overflow or sump.

JMcAz7
03/28/2010, 08:18 PM
Yeah, no longer an issue.

Looks like the Percula killed the Ocellaris while I was at work. :-( My girlfriend found a half-eaten ocellaris hanging out of the sebae's mouth.

It surpises me the Perc came out ahead. He was getting beat up pretty badly for 4 days, and was a clear 1" SMALLER than the oc.

WDLV
03/29/2010, 07:28 AM
I'd more suspect the sebae or a disease than a smaller perc. Smaller clowns don't generally win... unless you're talking an ocellaris and a smaller clarkii.