PDA

View Full Version : strange GBTA behavior

cmbspd
03/28/2010, 05:39 PM
I've had a GBTA for about 6 weeks now in a 110 gal tank. I got it with its foot attached to a piece of liverock and its stayed put until ~4 days ago. Now, it moves behind the rock, up against the glass, and scrunches up tightly in the evening. Then it moves back to its original spot and opens up with healthy looking tentacles sometime the next morning. It has done this three days in a row.

This behavior started when my tank dropped from 80 to 75 degrees after a heater broke. All other water parameters are good (NO3 ~ 0.5ppm, PO4 = 0, SG = 1.026 etc) and have been stable. My SPS all show growth and polyp extension so I don't think that it is a water quality issue (temp is normal and stable again).

Has it just adopted a new nightime "sleeping" behavior? Or might it be getting ready to split? It is really curious that it is moving back and forth between the same two spots on a daily basis...

cisco006
03/30/2010, 05:06 PM
That is odd, but I would not worry about it... As you probably already know, they will move wherever they want, and there isnt much you can do about it. Please follow up and let us know if it continues this movement pattern... my guess is that eventually it will stay put.
cisco