PDA

View Full Version : lfs near St. Petersburg Fl. ?

cpittmx
03/28/2010, 07:16 PM
Im vacationing in Treasure Island which is near St. Petersburg. I'm wondering if there are any good shops to visit while down here?

gthorpe2
03/28/2010, 07:21 PM
I love Treasure Island. Where are you staying? We have family down there that lives on 49st, which is about 5 minutes from Treasure Island. There is a LFS in Tampa, but I forget what it's called. I went there two years ago and they had some very cheap high end frags and the live stock was super cheap too.

NaClCrocodile
03/28/2010, 07:24 PM
FAOIS (Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff) is good. A little hard to find, but right in the same area is Coral Corral. This (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798342) might help. Are you planning on buying or just looking? I bet you could keep it in a styrofoam cooler for a day - a day and a half if you picked it up on your way home. Hope you enjoy the vacation (I do the same thing by the way - find a LFS wherever I'm headed).

cpittmx
03/28/2010, 07:29 PM
staying at Lands End a condo complex.

I'm really just planning on looking. Dont want to try and transport from Florida to Ohio

dwd5813
03/28/2010, 07:31 PM
go to the tampa bay reef club forum here on RC and check out the sticky with the lfs list, also feel free to start a thread like this there and talk to the folks who hit these stores around here (i'm in tampa) regularly. i like faois and coral corral over on this side of the bridge. i forget the names of the ones in st. pete... but anyway, go check the forum here out.

dwd5813
03/28/2010, 07:34 PM
i just looked and it seems like they removed the lfs list in favor of a sponsors list. start a thread there and just let people know where you'll be and ask where you should go.

gthorpe2
03/28/2010, 07:36 PM
FAOIS (Fish and Other Ichthy Stuff) is good. A little hard to find, but right in the same area is Coral Corral. This (http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1798342) might help. Are you planning on buying or just looking? I bet you could keep it in a styrofoam cooler for a day - a day and a half if you picked it up on your way home. Hope you enjoy the vacation (I do the same thing by the way - find a LFS wherever I'm headed).

That's it... I think.

I made the trip I got a couple things and brought it back in a cooler. They supplied the cooler and they packed everything as if they were shipping it. Then again, I drove down there.

You need to go eat at Dockside Daves!! They have the best grouper you will ever eat!!

Tpareefer
03/30/2010, 10:45 AM
I used to get some really good corals, cheap at Marine Warehouse in Tampa...off of Hillsborough Ave. Its been several years though