PDA

View Full Version : is my koralia 1 broken or am i stupid?

romsoccer12
03/29/2010, 06:54 PM
both my koralia 1's, since the day i bought them, dont seem to be shooting out to much flow. i just thought it was normal and threw them in
now i realize my biocube stock return pump is much stronger than they are, and its supposdly 200gph less!
is there anything on the koralias that can cause the propellers to be going slow?

-=Zepplock=-
03/29/2010, 08:10 PM
With time it will accumulate some gunk and should be cleaned.

But I think your problem is that you are used to flow from return pump which is directed and more like a jet. Koralias disperse water more gently, so the flow will cover more area and be gentle on corals/fish.

inTankLLC
03/29/2010, 10:57 PM
W
But I think your problem is that you are used to flow from return pump which is directed and more like a jet. Koralias disperse water more gently, so the flow will cover more area and be gentle on corals/fish.

This

romsoccer12
03/30/2010, 05:01 AM
thx, they have been collecting a lot of algae too
is 2 koralias 1's and the return pump good for my tank? i have just been collecting LOTS of algae and detrius alll over my rocks

nvdiz
03/30/2010, 06:00 AM
2 k1s + return in a nano is just fine

westcoastreef
03/30/2010, 07:07 AM
Ended up putting (2) k2's in my parents 30 gallon, the ones just didn't do anything.....they don't even keep sps

fstar25
03/30/2010, 09:01 AM
where do all of these people put the k1's that say they arent enough flow. i have my k nano on the right side near the front pointed at the left front corner. i can turn the return off and everything in my tank still has a lot of movement? including soft corals in the back of the tank. just curious if placement isnt an issue maybe.

one4gatr
03/30/2010, 11:39 AM
where do all of these people put the k1's that say they arent enough flow. i have my k nano on the right side near the front pointed at the left front corner. i can turn the return off and everything in my tank still has a lot of movement? including soft corals in the back of the tank. just curious if placement isnt an issue maybe.

Agreed... I have a 44g corner and more recently a 14g Aqua Pod. I had one K3 in the 44g and it was WAY too much so I changed out to a K2 and a Nano and thats STILL alot of flow in my 44g. I switch off the K2 and let the nano run by itself and I get plenty of flow (enough to move all my corals) solo so I am not sure why a Nano or K1 wouldnt be enough in a smaller tank especially with the return pump on.

Jewells
03/30/2010, 12:53 PM
I bought a K nano and it stopped completely 2 days later, getting a replacement though because it was perfect for my 12g and gave a really good amount of water movement. All I have is the stock filter set-up on a Eclipse tank. Hopefully the second one stays running.

romsoccer12
03/31/2010, 04:58 AM
ill get a picture of where all my powerheads are later today.