PDA

View Full Version : Rash on Yellow Watchman Goby

albertan22
03/29/2010, 08:04 PM
Hi all,

So I brought home a yellow watchman goby on the weekend and have noticed white patches on his sides. I noticed the first patch the day after he went into the tank, and today (third day in the tank) he seems to have more on both sides of his body. It almost looks like scrapes (see picture below, in the middle of his body). He has spent most of the evening today swiming laps along the glass at the top of the tank, and stops and sticks himself to the overflow teeth every once in awhile. His breathing seems normal, but he hasn't been eating. Ammonia, and nitrite levels aren't detectable, and I haven't observed any agression with other fish in the tank (2 clowns and 4 chromis). I'm a little worried about this guy and am debating setting a QT up for him but I don't know what, if anything, to treat for. Any ideas?

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv120/Albertan22/RSCN3369.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Grant W
03/29/2010, 08:38 PM
Can't see any scrapes all I see are its spots sry

albertan22
03/29/2010, 08:50 PM
It's the whitish area just below the dorsal fin. If you look closely, the yellow scales have gone white, yet it's not really affecting it's normal blue spots which is kind of weird.

albertan22
03/30/2010, 10:07 PM
bump

dja1980
04/22/2010, 09:44 AM
My Yellow Watchman was one of my first fish back in 2004. It developed a white spot that looked very similar to yours... I never did figure out what it was.

It started out a faint white, and my Cleaner Shrimp constantly worked at it. It seemed to get worse and worse until it eventually developed into a hole in the side of the fish... I could actually see into the fish!

Unfortunately, I lost the fish, but I think the Cleaner Shrimp made the situation worse. At first, I thought that it was a good thing that he was constantly working at the spot. In hindsight, I think he was eating more than he was supposed to :(