PDA

View Full Version : Dart?, Super Dart?, Dart Gold??

catfish52
03/30/2010, 06:53 AM
Looking at pumps and I think the Dart would fit my needs nicely, about 3000gph at 4 feet, quiet and energy efficient. Problem is what the heck IS a Dart?? When I start shopping I come up with "Darts"..."Super Darts"....and "Dart Gold"......Is there a difference in performance??? Are the motors different?? Is one quieter than the other?? Apparently there are several versions of the same pump. I emailed Reeflo about it, but all they did was send me back a performance curve. I still don't know if it's all the same pump or 3 different versions.......Anybody got the scoop on these...or a comparable alternative. Pump will be used for CL only.

SMOOTHIE
03/30/2010, 08:58 AM
Different versions of the same pump. Go with the gold

jimroth
03/30/2010, 09:06 AM
The Gold moves a bit more water, 8% or so as I recall, due to a slightly bigger impeller. The real upgrade is the industrial-grade Baldor motor, which is a much higher quality item. Both motors are private label items so if they go outside of warranty, you have to get them from Reeflo, in any case. Which means buying a new pump. I know (from personal experience) that the cheaper motor is not rebuildable, I'm hoping that the Baldor is. As you might guess, I have one of each. Noise level is comparable between them.
FYI if you get one: If you start to notice water leakage from the main seal, replace it promptly, do not wait, or the motor will be wrecked. The manufacturer is very good about supplying seal kits.

Kshack
03/31/2010, 11:13 PM
Dart= AO Smith motor
Dart Gold= Baldor motor
Super Dart Gold= Baldor motor+ different impeller (higher output)